file New Triton Reference Speakers

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

stereo5 wrote: I see my last few posts have been deleted.

I removed all of the discussion on spikes as it did not pertain to the topic. Feel free to start a new topic with that subject if you wish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago

GDHAL wrote: Perhaps a new thread specific to spikes is in order :laugh

Agreed, please do.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Great, back to subject.
Now that some of you forum members have had a chance to listen to the TR's for a few weeks now, are these "THE ONES"? Are these the speakers you could live with for the rest of your life? Are there any weaknesses (sound only) you would like to discuss? or are the TR's simply Magically and seemingly without fault?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• elubow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 30
elubow Posted 7 years 1 month ago
I think the real question should be: for those of you with Triton Ones who bought the References, are you 100% happy with your purchase? Would you have done it again? Are the Reference speakers significantly better, IYO, than the Ones? If so, why?

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago

elubow wrote: I think the real question should be: for those of you with Triton Ones who bought the References, are you 100% happy with your purchase? Would you have done it again? Are the Reference speakers significantly better, IYO, than the Ones? If so, why?

As I am still running in the speakers, I will say with close to 40 hours on them, I am not as thrilled with the Ref as I was with the T1 at this point. I love the looks on the Ref but do wish they were a tad shorter (but I knew they were taller). The bass is wonderful, midbass just as wonderful, but and this is a BIG but, the upper registers seem louder than the rest of the speakers. GDHAL said he noticed that and that it went away after breaking them in so I will wait until I get more time on mine than I have now.

When I had the T1 in my system, I couldn't wait to listen to music, with the Ref and the way they sound right now, not so much. Am I sorry I bought them? I am really not sure yet, but thats kind of how I feel presently. I am just not enjoying the system with the Ref as much as I did with the T1. I guess time will tell. I still have the T1 in my secondary system and I am enjoying them very much. Honestly,, if I could return the Ref, I would but the dealer specia ordered them for me and they aren't stocking them If I sell them on Audiogon, I will take a beating so I am keeping them. I hope in time they smooth out and I will learn to love them. It just sounds like the upper frequencys aren't meshing well with the rest as they are louder.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

• elubow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 30
elubow Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Thanks for your honest appraisal, at least up to the point they're broken in. I hope they will improve in the upper end and you will come to love them. But I appreciate you expressing your true feelings here. I have a feeling the moderator will say that the upper end should stabilize. I don't want to feel that we can't express our true feelings here without worrying that we're insulting someone. I would hope the moderator is interested in ALL
points of view, be they positive or negative.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers