file New Triton Reference Speakers

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Thanks, Mr. Moderator, for the video! Very helpful.

You guys do a great job of packing these beasts.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

Moderator wrote: The grille is "removable for service only", as a prerequisite for approvals. A gap would imply it has been knocked out of place, either in shipping or in handling - or else there is a defect of some sort (during assembly that wasn't caught perhaps). There is a procedure to remove and re-install, which realistically requires two or more people to do, which may be the only way to fix the gap if it has simply been dislodged from its track. I would suggest you contact your dealer for assistance. Alternatively, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and ask for the grille removal instructions and give it a try yourself.

I have since emailed support - including my serial number - for these instructions, including the passive radiator covers. Better to have the instructions and never need them than to need them and not have it. B)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by GDHAL. info_outline

Moderator wrote: For all you T Ref buyers, here's a great little video one of our dealers did with GoldenEar's Eastern Sales Director. Even talks about the ever popular spikes topic.... :)

My dealer and I found it **IMPOSSIBLE** to remove the speaker while the box was in the upright position and with the goal of retaining the box in tact.

Edit: This isn't to say the way described in the video is wrong. Rather, there are alternative and in certain situations better/preferred methods :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
I was away with my wife in Bar Harbor for a couple of days but I am back home now. I will continue to break in the speakers over the next week or so. I will keep everyone posted.

Bob
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago

charliehatch wrote: ... my damaged T1 needed new bass drivers, replaced under warranty (very generous, considering...), but when I got it home, it had bass distortion harmonics audible on the midrange drivers. This makes me think it may be the amp board. So, a complicated situation. I'll take both T1s back to the service center when I pick up my Trefs. Maybe they'll be able to get them both back to par. We'll see.

Charlie

Hmm ... I've got some problems with that report:

1) Bass drivers are protected by the built in electronics and never fail. We have had basically zero bass driver failures across tens of thousands of drivers.

2) The internal electronics do not feed the midrange drivers so they cannot be responsible for sonic issues coming from those drivers.

3) Sounds to me like the dealer misdiagnosed the problem. If I was to guess, I'd say one or both of the midrange drivers is the issue, perhaps a failure or overdrive damage.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago

GDHAL wrote: My dealer and I found it **IMPOSSIBLE** to remove the speaker while the box was in the upright position and with the goal of retaining the box in tact.

Edit: This isn't to say the way described in the video is wrong. Rather, there are alternative and in certain situations better/preferred methods :)

Based on the number of reports we have had from people removing the speakers incorrectly and damaging or dislodging the grille, I strongly suggest to everyone they follow this approach ONLY. Any other approach, is, to use GDHAL's wording, wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, fbreynolds

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers