file New Triton Reference Speakers

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago

fbreynolds wrote: Perhaps instructions could be attached to the outside of the crates. My dealer and I were very careful but it was difficult to figure out - we did unpack the second one pretty close to the way it is shown in the video!

We're learning too ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago

Moderator wrote:

GDHAL wrote:

Moderator wrote: ........ They are significantly better than the T1, I've made the comparison many times. No contest.

I agree. But out of respect for T1 owners and the greatness of the T1 itself, I never found it within me to write that. Interesting that you are this candid and blunt. :ohmy:

You are right, that comment would seem to blemish the Triton Ones unnecessarily. My bad. Significantly is very much a subjective word, for many the differences would be insignificant compared to the spectacular Triton One.

I guess I see your comparison statement, Moderator Dude, as a factual definition of what the next step up is. Every new generation of GEt speakers in any of it's lines is in fact bigger, better. Else, why bother? But for me the critical piece is that ALL of the GEt speaker line plays together flawlessly and one can mix and match any way possible and still get the amazing voicing/richness. There are no bad combo's, now or before.

I sure didn't order the T Ref's because they just might be a tiny smidge better than my amazing T1's (which I still love, along with the T2's, SCXXL...). I ordered them because every step forward by GEt IS bigger/better, but fits right in with all that came before. Amazing stuff.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 1 month ago
I appreciate that GoldenEar listens to its base and provides us with great products and service. And while the speakers may be difficult to unpack, I also appreciate the care and expense taken to make sure they get to us in pristine condition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Guys:
THIS is ridiculous!
Unpacking of the TR'S is not difficult. In fact, with the video provided by the Moderator, i could unpack them all by Myself. It's that easy.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: Mo info_outline
Bro Anthem, do you see? You are soooooo blessed!!!!!
Good for you!!!!!
Happy setup and listening as they break in.

Moderator Dude, I can appreciate that the References are probably silly good, much better than the Ones. I wouldn't expect Sandy and crew to do any less when they make a "Reference" speaker, and at that price point.
BUT, may I say, our Triton Ones are silly good too and for their much more reasonable price, they are totally WONDERFUL!!!!!
I expect to be VERY happy with them until I pass from this earth and pass them on to whomever.

I do want to hear the References though, I really do expect to be able to audition them at "Dad's" house in Texas one of these days.

Enjoy boys, enjoy!!!!
But all this talk makes me listen more critically every time I put on music or a movie, listen to see what I am missing, and REALLY, truthfully, I am not missing much off Reference AT ALL. Course that is with the Ones, Twos, Threes, SC X and FF5 all playing in concert!!!! And with some silly good electronics driving them as well, What is not to love?????
I am also VERY blessed!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hey, Wayne

And "Dad" would love to hear YOUR amazing system one of these days also! Great gear and speakers, LFE bass from T1's, T2's, T3's, a FF5. You are 100% right, you are blessed indeed!

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers