file New Triton Reference Speakers

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago

SilverEar wrote: GDAHL,

Thanks for helping me understand speaker impedance.
I would like to ask the question to The Moderator with GoldenEar; Would the Triton Reference benefit from a good aftermarket powercord?

And on a little side note, I know a lot of the viewers here are interested in excellent equipment that is affordable like GoldenEar's speakers, such as: Emotiva, Oppo, PrimaLuna, ect...I received an E-mail from Oppo the other day, and they said they're looking into MQA, but nothing in the works as far as hardware changes right now.

And, I cannot stress enough the great sound benefit I got installing an Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner. Another excellent buy towards affordable high end.

Right now, I'm getting ready for a listening party, so it's time to go and "crank it up!"

I use aftermarket power cords on both my References and Triton 1. I use Shunyata Copperhead cords which are a 10 gauge super exotic voodoo power cord. When they were popular probably 8 years ago, they cost me 425.00 each. I had them left over from previous systems so I figured, "why not?" I find they make the speaker sound smoother and there is a sense of added weight in the bass. These cables got rave reviews back when they were popular. IMHO, the power cords are worth it and only add the the pleasure of listening to the speakers. As for power conditioning, my system uses 3 separate Shunyata Hydras. I also have 2 separate 20 amp lines for my system. I do hear great things about the Niagra. I hope to hear one when I am at Rocky Mountain Audiofest in October. Anyone planning on attending?
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Yesterday I attempted putting the TR boxes in the attic,they absolutely wouldn't fit, to big. So I decided to rearrange the garage and place them against the north wall. While doing so, I noticed on the boxes a description of the speakers, and this is what brings me to my question. On the boxes it said, "Hand-Rubbed High-Gloss Piano Black Lacquer Cabinet. How is this achieved? I would love seeing the manufacturing process.

This morning the Wife and I were admiring the fit and finish of the TR'S, how beautiful, and elegant they looked, with their rounded edges and everything appearing to be one piece. And then i showed her "Black" speakers from other manufacturers...Wilson Audio, Magico, Avlon, and Piega. She thought they were ugly and MUCH PERFERED the TR'S. The Wife and I agree, the TR's are "SIMPLY STUNNING.!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5, fbreynolds

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Cool, great, good to hear, thanks Bro Anthem!!!!
Now turn em off, (or leave them playing to break them in more) and go to church!!!!!
You know you need it. You gotta give thanks for them beauties!!!!!
Have a good one, God Bless,
Wayne

God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Anthem and his wife are so right - the speakers are absolutely regal looking.
And this change was a brilliant move by GoldenEar - the sock look would have failed on speakers this large.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Aw, Man!

All this stuff about the TR's: power cords (should I try my Shunyata Venom 3's, my Anti-Cable Reference's?), spikes (I will try, based on Moderator Dude's recommendation).....

I'll admit I've been thinking all day about getting those beauties installed after I get back to TX 9/6... what music to try first, what it will sound like, will I like it (that's a no brainer, I guess :cheer: )

Patience is probably not my long suit. I've been listening to some favorite songs here, imaging what the TR's will do to deliver better dynamics, clarity, bass......

Keep the feedback coming, folks. I'll just drool all the way back to TX thinking about when it gets to be my turn..

BTW, I wouldn't say that all dealers have TR stock in hand. My dealer is holding the last pair for me from the first shipment with my deposit, and not sure exactly when the next order gets there. Seems lots of folks have lined up to get these babies.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hey folks, wondering about toeing-in the T Refs in my HT setup.
I "know" for a single listener, toeing them in so they essentially point right at the listener is the best.
But for HT frequently there are 2 to 10 other people watching the movie etc.
In that case would toeing-in to the sweet spot decrease the quality of the audio the others are hearing?
I can test it out but wondering if anyone else had, or if there are any opinions.
Thanks!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers