file New Triton Reference Speakers

• elubow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 30
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
elubow Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Very excited about this new addition. Would like to see better pictures. The YouTube with Sandy wasn't really that revealing in terms of appearance. None of the reviews offer a clear photo, either. It was also dark in the room. Clearly, though, from what I could see, this is a much more elegant look.

I would certainly consider selling my Ones and buying these. I see that several here have asked about trade in value, though I think selling them outright is a better idea. I sold my Sevens in one day. Yes, it's a hassle to rebox and cart to FedEx store but certainly renumerative in the long run.

However, if I do get these, I better reread the book "Oh, My Aching Back". On second thought, let the dealer set them up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 8 months ago
I know what you mean regarding the photos. In fact, I have yet to see any photo of the rear of the speaker. I haven't read anything that states the Reference has or does not have the bass level control, but I would assume it does.

Also, I share your sentiments regarding the setup. My intention at the moment, although I'm not sure this will actually happen, is after I speak with my dealer again (I already initiated first contact regarding the TR), it will be with an eye toward the dealership buying back my T1s and my purchasing the TRs new. The caveat though is that the entire transaction be handled at one time (i.e. dealership delivers TRs and together we box and offload them, setup TRs, etc.). I'm fortunate to have retained the original packaging for the T1s (box and styrofoam) as believe it or not I have good reason to believe that can affect the resale value. ;)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
OK, here's a couple pics. One from the studio and one from the recent CES Innovations Awards Exhibit. And yes, same back panel inputs and controls.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33, WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, stereo5, T Cobe, aribraun

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Moderator wrote: OK, here's a couple pics. One from the studio and one from the recent CES Innovations Awards Exhibit. And yes, same back panel inputs and controls.

Tasteful, gorgeous, and keeping the GEt profile and "look" besides. Well done, Goldenear!

My dealer will call me when they have a pair broken in. I WILL be there to listen, and compare directly to the T1's, same gear feeding them, same room and listening environment, same audio selections.

I'm not sure what to expect... I LOVE my T1's, and am wondering what the References can do with my gear feeding them, vs. what I have now, with T1's as fronts, T2's as surrounds... will that gear be able to "take advantage" of the all the refinements built into the References??? Time will tell, but I sure want to hear what the References bring to the audio table!

Thanks, Moderator Dude!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, Dwight, T Cobe, aribraun

• Pitkow33's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 39
Pitkow33 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi Moderator Dude, can you tell us what the material is for the screening in front and over the radiators? My cats use my T2's as scratching posts!
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s
Airtunes -> Naim Nova for convenience, Tidal, Spotify via Roon or Naim App
UpTone Audio LPS 2 Power Supply, PS Audio Dectet
GAIA II feet for Triton 2s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Pitkow33 wrote: Hi Moderator Dude, can you tell us what the material is for the screening in front and over the radiators

Grille cloth over a metal frame, same as the front grille. The cloth can be removed from all metal frames but might not be easy to reattach later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers