file New Triton Reference Speakers

• JWJW's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
JWJW Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Moderator....
Unlike the Triton Ones, will the new Rererence have bi-amp speaker terminals? Please say YES! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 7 months ago
To bi-amp (or bi-wire) the tweeter and the midrange?? No, no one has ever suggested that or demonstrated any value of that to our engineers or listeners. The important part of bi-amping is separating the bass, which you get with the built-in bi-amping in all powered Tritons. When you connect your amplifier to any of the powered Tritons, you are bi-amping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 7 years 7 months ago
The separate LFE inputs on my Triton Ones have allowed me to use my Triton Ones in a multiple-amplifier configuration. I have connected the Triton Ones speaker inputs to my new Cambridge Audio 851A stereo amp and I have connected the Triton Ones LFE inputs to my Onkyo NR-3009 AV Receiver Sub-woofer outputs.

When I listen to music, I am using just my Cambridge Amp, so no signals are present at the Triton Ones' LFE Inputs. When I watch movies, I am using just my Onkyo Receiver, so I am using just the bass section of the Triton Ones driven through the LFE inputs. Other speakers are connected to the Onkyo to provide multi-channel coverage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Hi Art. I don't mean to speak out-of-turn and by no means am I an "expert", but from what I can glean the LFE input is in no way shape or form the equivalent speaker terminal input to the type of vertical bi-amping JWJW is asking about.

Interestingly enough, there is a very recent thread on audiogon forum.audiogon.com/discussions/why-does-...peakers-sound-better which speaks to the true complexity involved should one really wish to pursue a bi-amp endeavor. The thread features input from some real knowledgeable individuals (and I would include the Moderator as being rather "all-things-audio" knowledgeable as well) including Ralph Karsten of atmasphere among others.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 7 years 7 months ago
GDHAL,

Yes, you are correct - and I did not mean to imply that I was in a bi-amp mode. I was simply commenting upon the Moderator's previous response and offering another way to utilize the Triton 1-2-3 Series for multi-purpose audio reproduction. I have an older pair of speakers which actually have bi-amp connections and, when I used them, I used two different analog signal sources to feed those bi-amp connections. Doing so allowed me to drive the treble/mid-range section separately from the bass section of this speaker, using two different amplifiers. Back in the day of these speakers, this approach provided better control of the highs, mid-range, and bass tones.

Many ways to skin the audio cat.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Mr. Moderator, do you have an updated timetable as to when the References will be shipping to dealers in the USA? I am asking because my dealer won't be stocking them and he wants a large deposit to order them for me. I don't want them holding $4,000.00 of my money indefinitely.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers