file New Triton Reference Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Sold out? GREAT!!!! Well done!!!!
Just as an outsider looking in, good for you (GEt and the deeper pockets guys)!!!!!
I am NOT saying that facetiously at all, I am happy for all concerned!!!!
You guys have earned every success in my books!!!!!
And for those of you who can afford the Reference, we want to hear all about them when you get them!!!!
Enjoy!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
I am quite irritated with my dealer now. I presently own a pair of Triton 1 and Triton 2 both purchased from the same dealer and both in the same year (2015). On January 16 2017, I emailed my salesman asking about the Reference and if they would be getting any in. I was told they were unsure but they could be ordered for me. I followed up that the next order that was put in, to please order a pair for me and I would give a deposit. The salesman said "sounds good" and that was the last I heard from him.

Today I sent him email stating the first production run is practically sold out and I never heard back from him. He said to give a deposit (50% of the price) and they would be ordered. Obviously I won't make the first production run and that will bring me into probably July-August range. I don't feel I should give them over 4 grand to hold on to while I wait 6 months or so, especially since they knew I wanted the speakers in January and did NOTHING about it. What do you guys think?
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

• elubow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 30
elubow Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by elubow. info_outline
Not to be overly pedantic, for those of you disappointed to not get in on the first run, this isn't like rare coins or priceless paintings. Relax, they'll be other runs. Isn't anticipation the best part anyway? So you get the Speakers a few months later. What's the big deal? Enjoy the Ones you have; they're still great speakers and their sound has not gotten any worse because of this new iteration! There's enough really serious things in life to get upset about. Not getting speakers exactly when you want them is not the end of the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 6 months ago

elubow wrote: Not to be overly pedantic, for those of you disappointed to not get in on the first run, this isn't like rare coins or priceless paintings. Relax, they'll be other runs. Isn't anticipation the best part anyway? So you get the Speakers a few months later. What's the big deal? Enjoy the Ones you have; they're still great speakers and their sound has not gotten any worse because of this new iteration! There's enough really serious things in life to get upset about. Not getting speakers exactly when you want them is not the end of the world.

Amen....
Timobi Wan

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

stereo5 wrote: I am quite irritated with my dealer now. I presently own a pair of Triton 1 and Triton 2 both purchased from the same dealer and both in the same year (2015). On January 16 2017, I emailed my salesman asking about the Reference and if they would be getting any in. I was told they were unsure but they could be ordered for me. I followed up that the next order that was put in, to please order a pair for me and I would give a deposit. The salesman said "sounds good" and that was the last I heard from him.

Today I sent him email stating the first production run is practically sold out and I never heard back from him. He said to give a deposit (50% of the price) and they would be ordered. Obviously I won't make the first production run and that will bring me into probably July-August range. I don't feel I should give them over 4 grand to hold on to while I wait 6 months or so, especially since they knew I wanted the speakers in January and did NOTHING about it. What do you guys think?

Hello stereo5. As you've asked for opinions, if there is an alternative dealer you can use, perhaps this would be the time. Other options include waiting until the speakers are more widely available (i.e. already in a manufactured and shipped state). I'm surprised your dealer would require a 50% deposit :ohmy: , but in that case, that might (or should ;) ) give you more negotiating leverage as to the final price (i.e. balance). So perhaps barter that way.

elubow wrote: Just as an aside, for those of you disappointed to not get in on the first run, this isn't like rare coins or priceless paintings. Relax, they'll be other runs. Isn't anticipation the best part anyway? So you get the Speakers a few months later. What's the big deal? Enjoy the Ones you have; they're still great speakers and their sound has not gotten any worse because of this new iteration!

elubow, I get what you're saying. Trouble is, at least in my case, I'm having (or at least highly wanting) to sell my T1s now :(
My rational is to recoup as much funds as I can in order to more comfortably afford the Reference. Besides the cost, while I am fortunate enough to purchase the Reference and then look to sell the T1s, I do not have the physical space to accommodate that and (b) I feel the need to act while I have a buyer as opposed to assuming there would be a buyer at some point in the future. :dry:
So the "big deal" is that I'm without the sound quality of the T1s and having to make do with a substantially lesser quality loaned set of speakers.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• elubow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 30
elubow Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Stereo 5- I'm sorry but maybe my lack of empathy prevents me from seeing this as an intractable problem. Why not just keep the Ones for a few more months and you won't be deprived of their wonderful sound? I have no doubt if you sell them six or eight months later, you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you price them well. Nothing really changes here except the time frame. You're creating a dilemma that's totally unnecessary. Sorry, but I don't get it.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers