file New Triton Reference Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Hi Tim,
I am in the same boat as you, sorta, I purchased my T Ones more recently than you. BUT I am quite happy. There will always be something newer, bigger, better!!!!!
I am listening to my Ones now, with my T 2s on the surround sides (they got demoted when I got the Ones, after a few years of wonderful front service). They are playing a TACET surround sound recording of Bach Brandenberg Concertos where all 5 speakers, Ones, Twos and a SC-X have a full range signal, one instrument each position, music all around me. It is amazing sounding. I am sitting here in the middle enjoying it all and feeling like a school boy who forgot to bring his instrument to play today!!! ha ha
All I am saying and probably not well, is to ENJOY the sound and music you have!!!! You have some of the best speakers ever made!!!! Yes, there are a "little bit" better ones out there, but not by much and for a WHOLE LOT more money!!!!
Enjoy, happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, eiffel62, Tim Glover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by eiffel62. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: I am in the same boat as you, sorta, I purchased my T Ones more recently than you. BUT I am quite happy. There will always be something newer, bigger, better!!!!! ... ENJOY the sound and music you have!!!!

I second what Wayne says, 100%. Though a recent post of mine in another thread reflected my dream of subjugating the Triton Ones to the Front Wide being replaced by the Triton Reference , this is unlikely to happen unless I win a big Vegas poker tournament in the near future (not a lottery player).

WayneWilmeth wrote: They (GE speakers) are playing a TACET surround sound recording of Bach Brandenberg Concertos where all 5 speakers...have a full range signal...music all around me.

Wayne, TACET seems to be very similar to 2L recordings, I definitely need to acquire some of these recordings.
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 7 months ago
For current T1 owners – especially those who made a recent purchase - there are a lot of ways to view the forthcoming Reference. I take solace in seeing that the number of drivers and shape of the speaker is essentially the same as the T1. Had there been a major difference, I think that would be a cause for concern because it could question or undermine the basic design of the T1.

I can’t imagine how the sound from the Reference would be anything other than “more-of-the-same”. Granted, that would be fine :cheer:

At the moment, I’m very much content with my T1’s. Besides, in three years or so a “Triton Reference Plus” may be available. ;)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, eiffel62, Tim Glover

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Eiffel, I too enjoy the 2L recordings a LOT!!!!
Try the TACET, but I would not recommend the Bach Branderberg Concertos, there are many others better, IMHO.
You may find my previous recommendations.
Great speakers all around, yeah, that's the ticket!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, eiffel62, Tim Glover

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tim Glover. info_outline
Hey Wayne,

Excellent post. 100% agree. I don't think I was clear in my post and should've been clearer. :) No I LOVE the T1's. Like they are the best speakers I've ever owned. I've owned some terrific ones. They even best the legendary NHT 3.3's from way back.

My whole point was had these been rumored I would have gladly waited. I realize all too well..the next best thing is always on the way. :)

I hold no grudge or whatever toward GE. Love love my Triton Ones. Over the weekend, my brother was in town. We jammed. My McIntosh MC452 gave those a workout. Unreal sound. We played vinyl and hi rez music. CLEAN & LOUD.

Good thread here btw.

Oh...one other thing. Perhaps I should buy the reference towers and use the T1's for rears? Can someone loan me $8500? ;)
Timobi Wan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good one Tim, I need a loan too!!!!
Honestly for my room I could not fit the References in here, they would just be too big for my situation, the Ones are sorta stretching things as it is.
But we can always dream. I could not be happier.
I bet the Mac drove the Ones to sound wonderful!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers