file New Triton Reference Speakers

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 7 years 6 months ago

elubow wrote: Stereo 5- I'm sorry but maybe my lack of empathy prevents me from seeing this as an intractable problem. Why not just keep the Ones for a few more months and you won't be deprived of their wonderful sound? I have no doubt if you sell them six or eight months later, you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you price them well. Nothing really changes here except the time frame. You're creating a dilemma that's totally unnecessary. Sorry, but I don't get it.

elubow, your reply to stereo5 was likely meant to be addressed to me :)

Look, I truly GET (pun intended) what you're saying. In fact, before I write any further I'd like to preface this entire matter by stating that I do realize there are many problems in world, people who are severely less fortunate, looking for a meal and that type of thing all while we discuss speakers (electronics, mans toys, etc.) approaching 10 grand. The aforementioned stated, you certainly are correct. There is no intractable problem.

Please allow me to answer your question(s) and very valid point(s).

The thought of keeping my T1s for a few more months has certainly crossed my mind. In fact, the T1s have been so spectacular that the thought of keeping them indefinitely - without trading up - has also crossed my mind. Now, while you have no doubt they could be sold in six to eight months if priced well, certainly you would agree that by no means could you or anyone else say with absolute certainty that a sale would definitely happen. Hence the reason there is a well known statement " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". B)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
I don't see what you aren't getting. My dealer completely dropped the ball and left me in the dust. I doubt they even bothered to find out when the speakers would be shipping and left it with me that they would order a pair for me when they put their order in. They didn't do it. The dealer never mentioned giving a 50% deposit to order them as I would have done it at that time. Now with the prospects of not getting a pair until late Summer/early Fall, I fdo not feel I should give them half the money to holds on to. It will do better in my bank account than theirs.

I have NO intentions of selling or trading the Triton 1 speakers I have currently, I will be moving them to my secondary system where my Triton 2 resides. I will sell the Triton 2 only AFTER I get the Reference speakers. I already have the money for the Reference speakers so I don't have to sell something first to get them. I am really miffed at the dealer for not doing some research and getting back to me. I bought the Triton 1 in January 2015 for full retail plus tax and I paid in cash. I bought the Triton 2 in December 2015, paid retail plus tax and again paid cash. This is what they do to a good customer? Also, I have known the owner of the store (not the salesman) for over 40 years.

When I spoke to the salesman in January, he should have done his homework and gotten back to me, he didn't and now I have a much longer wait. The fact that there is a lot of less fortunate people in the world doesn't cut it as there will always be less fortunate people. I work very hard, save all my money and when I want something, I buy it...always in cash as I do not believe in credit cards.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Yikes .... I look away for a few minutes and things descend into the gutter. C'mon guys, fun stuff only, take your arguments off this forum and take them to some other venue if you wish to carry on. I have deleted all the offending posts so this thread can carry on in a positive tone.

Also, as I said in my first reply, there is absolutely no reason for a dealer to require a 50% deposit, these are not custom made speakers. All they have to do is cancel the order with GET if the sale doesn't get paid for before the speakers are shipped to the store. Everyone can expect about a 60 day stock out after the first run, and after that we expect they will be readily available just like the rest of the GET models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Oh, heck yeah, Moderator Dude, I was getting it all blow by blow last night, NOT enjoying it. Glad you cleaned things up.
Stereo5, sad that you got messed around, I know the feeling. I too worked very hard and save just as hard and ALWAYS pay cash, don't believe in credit. So don't feel alone on here.
Many a time I have seen people enjoying things that I know they cannot afford, not my business until they (read family here) decide that I ought to be the one to bail them outta debt.
Sorry I got off track, but felt some affirmation should come your way.
I don't have anything to say about the References, nor will I.
I sure am glad I am as happy as I am with my new Ones!!!!!! I am listening now as I write this to AMAZING music!!!!!
My little signature says it all.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Possible happy ending for me. My dealer checked with GE and I am getting one of the last pair on the first production run of the Reference speakers. I am on my way to the dealer to give him the 4K deposit they require. With any luck I should have the speakers by June. It does seem a long way off.
Now the anticipation starts.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 6 months ago

stereo5 wrote: Possible happy ending for me. My dealer checked with GE and I am getting one of the last pair on the first production run of the Reference speakers. I am on my way to the dealer to give him the 4K deposit they require. With any luck I should have the speakers by June. It does seem a long way off.
Now the anticipation starts.

Ditto! I too am seeing my dealer later today to slap down a deposit, and was informed I would make the first production run. :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers