file New Triton Reference Speakers

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Timecop Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Timecop. info_outline
Just plug in your iPod/music player and put it on random for 1-3 days at moderate volume. I'd let mine play all day while I was at work then give 'em a break. Our brains probably need more breaking in/recalibration-time than the speakers ;)
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, fbreynolds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Re breaking in speakers, I just play music with full frequency range at moderate SL's, so all drivers and crossovers get some workout time.

Out of caution, I don't overly crank the volume for awhile.

Enjoy them! They're pretty darn robust and will loosen up with most any breakin routine.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, fbreynolds

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline
Yes, locking nuts should be used to stabilize the speakers, which will also improve bass and transient detail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Sonix's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
Sonix Posted 7 years 1 month ago
First I read the manual on page 5, Par 1c. "...Lift the speaker upright and lower it to desired location..." With a helper I had no problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Perhaps a new thread specific to spikes is in order :laugh:

First, I received some clarification regarding the use of the locking nut (spacer). As I now understand it, the locking nut (spacer) is *NOT* required nor does it have any benefit *IF* the spike is screwed in entirely and in contact with the base.

@Sonix - not to belabor this, however, your experience is such that the implication is that once you and your helper set the speaker down (a) the spikes were already installed and (b) you did *NOT* need/want to tweak the position any further. More often than not, the speaker cannot be moved into its *PRECISE* location without getting on hands and knees and moving the speaker as little as an 1/8 of an inch in any particular direction. If the spikes are already installed that tweak movement should not be attempted and that is not mentioned in the manual. I later learned - by talking to Sandy - that the correct way to do this is to leave the rubber feet on until such time that the precise location is found and no more tweaking/moving is required. *Then* with the help of another person, tilt the speaker back while one person holds it in position and the other on hands and knees swaps out the rubber feet for the spikes.

In @stereo5's case, the spike itself broke, which is the lesser of evils that can happen, as pointed out by Pbgalvin. With the assumption that in both cases the speakers/spikes were on carpet, I'm surprised the carpet itself wouldn't damage well before the spike and/or channel it screws into.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
I see my last few posts have been deleted.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers