140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Just my .02 regarding "brightness" as reported thus far.

First, irrespective of previous experience with T1s, note that positioning speakers directly to the sides of and close to glass windows is less than ideal. Generically speaking, glass can wreak havoc on the listening environment. I realize there may be no choice from an aesthetic perspective, so you may want to resort to heavy drapery when the speakers are in use. At a minimum, this is something that can be tried.

Secondly, if your system allows, I suggest to watch a music video where you are able to see the bands performance. You will (or should) get a better idea of how accurate the T Refs actually are with respect to top-to-bottom reproduction of the source. In fact, I'm finding they are actually more accurate than the T1s, which comparatively speaking had more of a bottom end emphasis. The T Refs are so "relaxed". I've watched various Grateful Dead videos and I can see/hear the T Refs produce the subtlest detail when Micky hits the cymbals with different strength behind the stick. No brightness what-so-ever. At least in my case.

I look forward to any and all professional reviews where hopefully there will be actual objective measurements of various criteria taken. I'm pretty confident the T Refs will fair exceptionally well. :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Rackon

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hey folks, will do on reporting more listening findings. Have the speakers breaking in. Won't make any changes until that's done.
4K bluray sounds outstanding btw. Loved watching Dredd last night (the video and audio quality were great, no so much the plot :-).
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Whatever brightness I initially heard is now completely gone. I listened to Diana Krall (Very Best Of), Jimi Hendrix (Valley Of Neptune) and Nirvana (Live and Loud) and I did not hear one bit of brightness or etch. I have about 25 hours on the speakers now. Did I mention how gorgeous the finish on the speakers are? Life is good (right now)
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Well guys, it's been quite a day. Got up this morning and the last thing on mind was audio equipment. For some reason, around noon I called my Audio dealer to inquire the whereabouts of my Oppo 205. The first part of July he put in an application for an Oppo franchise, but as of yet had not heard back. He asked me if I was still interested in the References. OH YEAH! To make a long story short, he made me a deal I could not refuse. He's even buying my T2's for top dollar.

My Wife now knows what to get me for Christmas...an Oppo UDP-205.

What a Day....
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

anthem wrote: Well guys, it's been quite a day. Got up this morning and the last thing on mind was audio equipment. For some reason, around noon I called my Audio dealer to inquire the whereabouts of my Oppo 205. The first part of July he put in an application for an Oppo franchise, but as of yet had not heard back. He asked me if I was still interested in the References. OH YEAH! To make a long story short, he made me a deal I could not refuse. He's even buying my T2's for top dollar.

My Wife now knows what to get me for Christmas...an Oppo UDP-205.

What a Day....

Wow! Great to read that. Also nice to learn you are getting not only a "deal" but are able to sell your T2s in the same transaction. Incredible. I inquired about that with my dealer, but he didn't offer anywhere near what I was able to get privately. Best of luck anthem. I'm sure everyone will look forward to your impressions, feedback, etc. after you've had the reference up and running. By the way, I too have an Oppo UDP-205 and can vouch for that as well. Great sound! And I do mean really good :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, stereo5

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers