file New Triton Reference Speakers

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Let me be the first to say beautiful pictures and congrats on your new References. I hope you will love yours as I do mine. Mine have only been used about 15 hours and I am already noticing how the sound is changing. I think they are worth the extra coin just for the physical beauty of them and the luxurious finish on the speaker. It is definitely better finished than some 30K speakers I have seen and heard. Enjoy them my friend.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, fbreynolds, Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

fbreynolds wrote: Audio Advice delivered my speakers this afternoon:

Reference speakers next to my loaner Triton Twos -

I wish my dealer would have provided T2s as loaner instead of the Wharfdale satellites and ESB sub I had to endure for five months! ;)

Enjoy your new T Refs! :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5, fbreynolds, Rackon

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Audio Advice in Raleigh, NC has been a great company to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5, Rackon

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hey, Pbgalvin

I'd appreciate any feedback on the occasional brightness/glare you heard on higher frequencies with your new Ref's. I do suspect that LampCord is right, that some break-in will smooth things out.

I'll be breaking in a new amp and new Ref's when I get things installed in Sept., so I'll probably give everything a bit of "exercise" before I get too comfortable with how things do or don't sound together.

Keep us posted!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. Reason: punctuation info_outline
Pbgalvin..................

I am noticing that same brightness as you that I did not have with my Triton Ones. I am using a Rogue RP-5 all tube preamp with NOS Mullard tubes and an Odyssey Stratos Extreme+++ which puts out 180wpc and 60 amps of current and is stable down to a 1 ohm load. I have my References in the exact same spot as the Triton 1 were.

Moderator, can you kindly chime in?
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

stereo5 wrote: Pbgalvin..................

I am noticing that same brightness as you that I did not have with my Triton Ones. I am using a Rogue RP-5 all tube preamp with NOS Mullard tubes and an Odyssey Stratos Extreme+++ which puts out 180wpc and 60 amps of current and is stable down to a 1 ohm load. I have my References in the exact same spot as the Triton 1 were.

Moderator, can you kindly chime in?

Sure. The Reference have the same voicing and response as the Triton One, Two+, etc. I have heard them in multiple rooms and systems and they never sounded anything other than spectacular. Certainly not bright. Nor have any professional reviewers felt they were bright. So, what are the possibilities ...

1) They aren't broken in yet, if you haven't played them for at least 50-100 hours, stop critiquing
2) They do not interact with the room the same as a Triton One, putting them in the same spot could well be wrong
3) Sounds to me like a room setup issue or a bass balance issue, or both. Do some experimenting with all variables
4) Does the amp have impedance taps? If so, use the 4 ohm
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers