file New Triton Reference Speakers

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Congratulations anthem. Welcome to the club! You must have a great dealer who is willing to deal. My dealer gave me a paltry 5.5% discount and that was only after I pointed out that a year before I bought both Triton 1 and Triton2 speakers from him at list price. The discount didn't even cover the sales tax! I sold my Triton 2 privately but took a 50% hit on them.

Enjoy the new speakers, they are truly amazing and more than worth their price. Let us know your impressions after you have some time on them. I have 30 hours now and the sound is still changing a bit (all for the better).
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Way to go, Anthem!!! Congrats!

Can't wait to get some feedback on how they sound in your system! You can revisit all your music collection....

Have you gotten a delivery date yet?

Happy listening!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, stereo5

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Great to hear Bro Anthem, that you are still living right!! And being BLESSED!!!!!
WOW, that is BIG NEWS on a slow day.
I mean, Hall of Fame game has nothing on you man!!!!!
I know financially that selling your T 2s is a great move, but sad for you to see them go!!!!
They are some seriously great speakers, as I know you are aware.
But what can I guy do, you gotta keep moving up in life and you sure did!!!!!
Good for you, happy for you bro!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Guys, I'm also thinking of getting the References. I'm curious as to who has upgraded from T1s to Tref (like T Rex!). What are your impressions of the differences between the two? Imaging, resolution, highs, low power, naturalness, etc.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hi Charlie.

Succinctly, I'm of the opinion upgrading from T1 to TR is worthwhile. If you want to read my detailed response, this should provide the insight you're looking for. halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 7 years 1 month ago
GDHAL,

Thanks for the link! Your thorough write up has answered a lot of my questions. (I think you should be getting sales commissions from GET!) Made me want to immediately plunk down my deposit.....but, I'll wait a bit longer. Reasons below.

Some things I twigged on reading your write up.

I saw elsewhere that John Atkinson of Stereophile was supposed to take delivery of some TRs for a review to be published in December. I hope it's true, because he'll have the impedance data you wanted to see. I am also curious about that. Since the T1s were "borderline Class A", I really expect the TRs to solidly land in that rating.

On moving them around. I agree that moving them with the non-spike feet works well, then putting on spikes. I did this with my T1s when I had carpet. Now I have laminate flooring. You could use the same technique, but I did something different: I attached thin, self-adhesive felt discs to the underside of the spike support discs that came with the T1. I found that I can actually (CAREFULLY) slide the T1s around on the floor by pushing (did I say CAREFULLY?) laterally on the plinth. Because of the felt, they actually slide quite easily and with excellent control. The T1s are 85 lb or so, the TRs closer to 100 (if I remember right), but I'll bet the same thing will work. The felt I attached was fairly thin, so it ends up being pretty compressed and probably adds very little spring to the mechanical support system. My T1s feel quite solid and sound terrific with this setup.

Like you, I'm a 2.0 guy.

I agree that speakers are very important to the sound of a system. And, of course, all of the components contribute to the sound, some in subtle ways, some not so subtle. After messing around with a lot of different cables, I sometimes think that (analog signal path) cables are the most important part, which seems like heresy to me. Which is most important? In reality, all of it. But I keep the number of analog lumps in my system to a minimum. I think every lump -- and its connections -- is an opportunity for signal loss. Right now, I have just 3 analog lumps (including speakers) with 2 cable runs.

I'm between a rock and a hard place right now. I was messing around and accidentally damaged my right T1, which is now at the speaker doctor in Sacramento. When I get it back, I'll probably have to break it in some, then I'll look at upgrading to the TRs. Meanwhile I'm listening with my formerly-retired B&W 683 S2s, which sound pretty darned good, but lack the T1's imaging precision and bottom end power.

Thanks again for the interesting review, and please keep us informed of any additional impressions.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers