file New Triton Reference Speakers

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
One more.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

stereo5 wrote: After way too long a wait, my dealer delivered the GE Triton References to me this afternoon. I do not have too much to say about the sound yet, as I have only had them up and running for a couple of hours. I will say one thing about the sound and that it sounds like my Triton 1 speakers on some serious steroids! Sounding great out of the box and I am sure it will get even better. The cabinet is absolutely gorgeous and as a bonus, my wife loves the wooden look. A few pictures of the unboxing. More comments to come.

Congrats! Not sure I agree (nor am I disagreeing) with the "wooden look"; but on steroid, sounding great out of the box, and gorgeous are my sentiments exactly!! Best of luck with them Bob. I look forward to more of your (and the mrs.!) feedback once a few Pink Floyd tunes have run through them!! :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, stereo5

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Thank you. I have a question for Mr. Moderator; The owners manual for the Reference makes no mention on how to dust without making swirl marks on cabinet, and care for the cabinet. Could you kindly enlighten me and all others who own or share an interest in The References?

Thank you!
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

stereo5 wrote: Thank you. I have a question for Mr. Moderator; The owners manual for the Reference makes no mention on how to dust without making swirl marks on cabinet, and care for the cabinet. Could you kindly enlighten me and all others who own or share an interest in The References?

Thank you!

I realize your question is directed at the Moderator, but choose to respond because, if you recall, I did mention in my review of the T Refs "Fingerprints can be readily seen from certain angles, so be prepared to have a dedicated dust cloth available! Even then, smudges, fingerprints, etc. can be difficult – although certainly achievable - to rub out." Looks like I'm right again B)

Seriously though, a good quality video dust cloth (microfiber, anti-static, and dry or ever so slightly moist for anything stubborn) will suffice. Personally, I use the same cloth as I do for cleaning the dust off my television screen. A good example of cloth you could use would be the type you get with a new pair of glasses (eye wear). You may have to rub with a bit of elbow grease to get each and every "streak mark" off the finish, but it definitely is doable without all that much effort.

*** It's an obsession but it's pleasin' *** :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, stereo5

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Set-up AND speakers lookin' mighty good, stereo5!

Enjoy! Keep us posted on your new audio adventure!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, stereo5

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

stereo5 wrote: Thank you. I have a question for Mr. Moderator; The owners manual for the Reference makes no mention on how to dust without making swirl marks on cabinet, and care for the cabinet. Could you kindly enlighten me and all others who own or share an interest in The References?

Thank you!

Yes, good advice from GDHAL. The manual says: "Use a damp, soft cloth for cleaning". Microfibre cloth is perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, stereo5

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers