file New Triton Reference Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Cool guys!!!!
Both of you have great sounding (pardon the pun) systems!!!!!
Yeah Pbgalvin, if I were you I think I would be tempted to do the amplification for the new References the other way around.
Just thinking out loud.
Have fun with it guys, happy listening, I can hardly see how it would not be VERY happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Boy I gotta tell you, the more I listen, the more I'm falling in love with them. So much communication is centered around the sound and how they compare to the T1, that I'd just like to mention that the cabinetry alone is worth the upgrade. These speakers are gorgeous. And Golden Ear definitely worked some voodoo on the internals (bracing, damping, etc.) of the cabinet. For those getting the Reference, you shall soon hear and see what I mean!

EDIT:

Just wraped up listening to Grateful Dead, 7-20-1994 at the Deer Creek Amphitheatre in Noblesville IN. My source is SBD>DAT>WAV>CDR>WAV>SHN. Phil Lesh has lead vocals on Childhood's End and Box of Rain. Its sounds as though it's a 74 Dead show played through the wall of sound! Incredible.

The Reference is simply huge sounding.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
I can't wait to get mine. They shipped out today and I would love them for the weekend but with my luck it will probably be next week. This wait is agonizing.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 2 months ago
I know what you're going through Bob. Hang in there. It has been this long since you've ordered that another day in the grand scheme of things wont matter. I too got mine on the same day the dealer received them. Unfortunately the dealer got them late in the afternoon, because that's when fedex freight had it scheduled. So I didn't get them until early evening (7pm or thereabouts) and by the time I did and everything was setup, I was mentally exhausted from the days ordeal.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Man, you guys are driving my audio antenna to new highs!!!!

Can't wait for more reviews, getting more and more tempted to just order me a pair before hearing them first........

Keep the reviews and comments coming!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Hey Stereo5, you are welcome to stop by but doesn't seem like there is much here you can't hear at your place. We could try both though and listen for any improved sounds etc.

Hmm, on the HT, I have 5.1 so have a 7 channel amp. Hadn't thought much about using a 2 channel amp for the mains. I happen to have a spare Rogue :-). Anyone tried 2 different amps in their HT setup?

Fortunately I've been busy and the T 1s sound pretty dang nice so having the T Refs on order hasn't been driving me nuts :-)
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers