• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hey Rick:
Is Judy set for life with roses?
Congrats!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks, all.

GDHAL, yes I will be reviewing the T Ref's here once installed. First as pure direct 2 channel, since that is how most will listen. Then, as part of a HT system, with 2 channel up mixed to 9 channel Dolby surround, since that is how I listen to most 2 channel music. I suspect that the T Ref's will lure me to listen to more 2 channel pure direct. We'll see.

Wayne, (Son? :P ), you know you have an invitation to come listen/visit anytime you come to TX to visit your family! Yes, I will be revisiting Beethoven symphonies, Eagles Australia Farewell Tour, Roy Orbison Black and White Night etc. etc. They already sound great in HT, just salivating thinking about what the upgrade will do ....The new AT525NC 5 channel amp is also on order to replace the NAD stereo amp currently feeding the fronts, so new front, center, surround amp surround support will also be installed. And, yes, I feel like I'm getting a "Two-fer", with the fronts getting upgraded to Ref's and the surrounds getting upgraded to T1's. Wish the T2 floor standers would fit somewhere here in NH. They won't, so they'll get sold, along with the 2 channel NAD amp getting replaced by the AT525NC 5 channel amp

Anthem, yes Judy is surrounded in roses!!!!! :)

Am I excited about the changes? Heck, yes!!! Am I am convinced GEt will deliver on the upgrade from the T1 to the T Ref? Heck, yes!!!! Every time GEt introduces a new "top" to a speaker line, it's a major upgrade, but never losing the GEt family voicing/sound. I've upgraded from Supersat 50c center, to the new SCXL to then newer SCXXL, and from the at the time top of the line T2 fronts to the T1, and now to the T REf.No teeny small steps, just more, prior version on steroids, all so compatible, all sounding so perfect together.

Congrats, GEt! You really get it!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

stereo5 wrote: I finally received the long awaited call from my dealer. The speakers came in late this afternoon and will be delivered to me tomorrow afternoon!!!

Terrific. Great news. I know you have been even more patient than myself. ;)

Best of luck with them and I look forward to your appraisal, feedback. etc. of same.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 1 month ago

rjohn79395 wrote: Thanks, all.

GDHAL, yes I will be reviewing the T Ref's here once installed. First as pure direct 2 channel, since that is how most will listen. Then, as part of a HT system, with 2 channel up mixed to 9 channel Dolby surround, since that is how I listen to most 2 channel music. I suspect that the T Ref's will lure me to listen to more 2 channel pure direct. We'll see....
...Am I excited about the changes? Heck, yes!!! Am I am convinced GEt will deliver on the the upgrade from the T1 to the T Ref? Heck, yes!!!! Every time GEt introduces a new "top" to a speaker line, it's a major upgrade, but never losing the GEt family voicing/sound. I've upgraded from Supersat 50c center, to the new SCXL to then newer SCXXL, and from the at the time top of the line T2 fronts to the T1, and now to the T REf/ No teeny small steps, just more, prior version on steroids, all so compatible, all sounding so perfect together.

Congrats, GEt! You really get it!

Rick

Best of luck Rick. I look forward to your appraisal and feedback of same. Very glad to read and understand others here on the forum are receiving their pairs.

One other thing to keep in mind..... did I say they are gorgeous!!! The upgrade (from T1) is more than just the sound in this case. B)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, stereo5

• Sonix's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
Sonix Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Now clearing customs here in the Philippines!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
After way too long a wait, my dealer delivered the GE Triton References to me this afternoon. I do not have too much to say about the sound yet, as I have only had them up and running for a couple of hours. I will say one thing about the sound and that it sounds like my Triton 1 speakers on some serious steroids! Sounding great out of the box and I am sure it will get even better. The cabinet is absolutely gorgeous and as a bonus, my wife loves the wooden look.

A few pictures of the unboxing. More comments to come.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, Pitkow33, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers