• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hi twinturbo11,
You will have to tell us!!!! ha ha
Honestly, from what I have heard about it you should be VERY good with that Parasound!!!!
But please report back and let us know, VERY interested to hear from you on that combo.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Good choice of amplifer...thee Parasound Halo A 21. Reviewer Andrew Robinson uses an Integra DHC 80 AV preamp with his A 21.

I like how he concludes his review of the A 21...

"What more is left to say about the Parasound Halo A 21 that already hasn't been said? The A 21 is a phenomenal amplifer, one that, in my opinion represents a near perfect balance between price and performance. This is why I'm hanging onto the A 21 for long term use reference. I realize that there are some less expensive options available to consumers, just as there are more expensive ones, but in my travels I don't think I've encountered and amp that toes the line between the two as brilliantly as the A 21. I love it, and I love that it is every bit a reference grade product as its costlier competition and yet is priced within the realm of reason for everyday folk".
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Thanks Anthem, I have been listening to Adcom amps for 25 years. The 555 II is the best! I plan to migrate it to the rear SS3's as well. We'll see how the rx-a1040 preamp works with the XPA-2. I'll post updates as I learn more about the new setup. I am using AudioQuest GO 4 speaker cable and AQ Golden Gate interconnects. I am also using AQ X-2 cable for rear channels. I am really interested to see how the XPA-1L effects the center channel sound field. Should run in class A most if not all the time? Not sure how much power the center channel really pulls. I am using a GE Super Center XL. Following is the list of what the new setup will be:

GE T1's (front) XPA-2
GE SC XL (center) XPA-1L
GE SS 3's (rear) Adcom GFA-555 II

Pre/pro Yamaha RX-A1040
Sony S5200 Blue-Ray (weak link now) considering oppo 103

Future additions: COMMENTS WELCOME!!
Front/rear presence SS3's (powered with a1040)
Change rear to SS 50's move ss3's to rear presence
oppo bdp-103

This stuff is loads of fun!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hey Splash51,
YES, this stuff is LOTS of fun!!!!
Sounds like you are building a super system!!!!
I think the Oppo 103 is a great next step.
And if you move the Adcom to the rears they will have an awesome amp.
Hope the Emos are as good as we have heard.
Have fun, it is a great ride, and enjoy the music,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Splash51 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Its official my wife assured me I am obsessed. I decided to take advantage of the sale Emotive had running thru Jan 12th (25%). I got another XPA-2 to run the T1's in mono mode. I felt safe on doing this as Emotive offers a no questions asked return policy for 30 days. If I did not hear enough of a discernible difference I could just send it right back. This bad boy is not going anywhere!! I noticed a very noticeable difference. The most impressive is the depth and clarity of space. The horns are more crisp, mid bass is really powerful and female vocals really tighten up. The entire audible range(well mine anyway) is more defined. I have been listening to 2 channel music in Pure Direct mode from the Yamaha 1040. I am really impressed and the XPA's aren't broken in yet!! I got them about 10 days apart. I will be doing some casual listening this weekend with surround sound content. Ill report more in a few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, incidentflux, stereo5

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Splash51 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
I have spent some time listening to the new setup. Across the board it sounds better. With 1 XPA-2 the low volume music sounded a little restricted, no more!! Very noticeable low volume improvement. I was surprised to hear this difference. At listening levels it was very powerful across the board. Loud volume still crystal clear. At higher volumes the room effects are very pronounced. Movie sound is jaw dropping!! I am not sure how to reach the max capabilities of these T1's. Everything I add makes them sound better. Where does it all end AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Answer: It never ends just keeps getting better!

Enjoy the ride!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton 1's- Some Questions