file New Triton 1's- Some Questions

• warr's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 22
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
warr Posted 9 years 11 months ago
I tried switching the speaker leads and there was no change. I have about 300 hours on my 1's. To be clear - my 1's sound fantastic! Its just that on "certain" recordings, certain voices either sound distant or hollow compared to what I was use to - much so. Prior to the 1's I was running the 7's and before that, M&K - both speaker sets did not have this distant or hollow vocal sound on these recordings. At the same time, when I play these recordings that have distant vocals on the 1's, everything else is prominent and has sound-stage/imaging galore! Volume also makes a big difference - much more so than the previous mentioned speaker sets.

One aspect that may be contributing to this anomaly is the fact that the 7's and M&K's are much lower in height than the 1's and might be contributing to this problem - in other words, maybe the room plus speaker height is having some effect on this frequency area. I am in the process of building some acoustic panels and bass traps and will see how this effects it.

I just recently sold and moved from a house that had a much larger room for my theater/listening area. I wish I could hear the 1's at the old house. Though I did get to hear the 7's and M&K's in my present and MUCH smaller listening room, possibly the height of the 1's and the narrow room aspects may be contributing to this change.

In the mean time, I am in the process of building a new home with a dedicated theater room - 21' wide / 25' deep. I think this will be a better fit for the 1's.

I will update when I finish my acoustic panels and bass traps.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Hi Mark, can you please share with us the serial code number of each of your Triton Ones ?
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen

• warr's Avatar Offline
BLCA N1 0514 00454

BLCA N1 0514 00420

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 11 months ago

warr wrote: BLCA N1 0514 00454

BLCA N1 0514 00420

ASSUMING there were 34 speakers built between your two speakers, then it is statistically improbable that BOTH of your speakers have something wrong with them. You gotta check everything, starting with your settings, amplifier (best bet is to just bring in another amplifier to test), speaker wires, power cords, etc. Let us know - I am quite curious!
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen

• warr's Avatar Offline
Did all that... I changed amps and speaker wire and no real difference. Besides, the 7's sound perfect in just about every category; the bass is not as robust as the 1's. When the "hollow / distant" reveals itself its almost out of phase sounding just in that spectrum; but only on certain recordings is it noticeable - again, its just that frequency spectrum; its very weird. My DAC has the ability to change phase so I have tried that as well.

I placed some acoustic panels and traps around the walls and interestingly has increased the "out-of-phase" tone in this same spectrum. Next I will try treating the ceiling and see if that changes things.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
As much as I agree it is extremely unlikely that both speakers have a problem, it is probably worth getting your dealer involved as it sounds like a lot of troubleshooting has been done but the same conclusion remains.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton 1's- Some Questions