file New Triton 1's- Some Questions

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Isnt it dangerous to breath-in roxul fibers, since the the acoustical cloth will definitely let them escape ? especially if you have children around?
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• warr's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 22
warr Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Thats exactly the story I tell the wife and kids so they don't come into my listening area and interrupt my joy!

I doubt the fiber will come through the fabric and if so, its my understanding there should be no risk to health. Wearing gloves help keeps the itching at bay and its probably not a bad idea to wear a dust mask when moving the raw material.

www.roxul.com/stone+wool/overview/health+-c12-+safety

www.roxul.com/stone+wool/overview/faq

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Steveo. info_outline
Hi all. I have been asked to reply with an update. Firstly I added LFE sub cables and re ran Yamaha's calibration ypao. Straight away I noticed an improvement but it still want quite right. I disabled ypao and went to 'through' but that still wasn't right.

I realised that with every speakers or headphones I always set the eq to 'rock' mode where it gives a 'vally' diagram if that makes sense, if not I have attached a picture of my actual diagram. I played with the yamaha ypao and manually tweaked the L and R to reflect this. I have to say now wow! The speakers have so much punch and clarity now and I feel I am finally hearing what everyone else has mentioned about these speakers.

I keep a/b'ing what I was listening to before and it was such a downgrade. Previously half of the songs I was listening to sounded great (or so I thought) and the other half sounded terrible. Rock and metal sounded especially awful and hollow and tinny. Now whatever sounded bad before sounds pretty good and whatever sounded good before sounds excellent now.

Everything sounds pretty good unless the recording is especially terrible but what I have changed now gives me a pleasant sound across the vast majority of things even mp3s! Metal now sounds pretty punchy.

I haven't watched many movies but I watched twister the other day in bluray. Let me tell you it was awesome. I turned it up and it sounded like the tornado was in the room. I remember seeing this at the movies when I was young and I feel this sounded the best I have ever heard it.

I have attached a picture of my custom eq set up to get opinions from members about what I have done. Keep in mind I have no technical knowledge of what I have set. All I did was mirror the rock settings I always changed my speakers and headphones to ever since I was young.

I understand I am probably not getting a true 'audiophile' sound but having these Triton ls set with no eq just doesn't sound as good.

I still am concerned that something isn't right however with these settings the speakers sound unbelievable. I might keep playing with the eq to see if there are any improvements.

Moderator and other members feel free to respond with what you think of my eq settings. I have almost identical settings on both speakers. This was all done by ear and what I think sounds good. I have no technical knowledge of what I have done.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, incidentflux

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Steveo: sounds great, at least the speakers are perfect and have no issue. When it comes to your amplifier, personally I dont like that you have to play with the EQ to get "good" sound. Usually good amplifiers have a "pure" or "direct" mode which disables all the EQ and other adjustments and typically this mode sounds the best. You should try out a higher quality amp such as NAD or emotiva in your home to see if things sound significantly better!
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Steveo,
Well, I am glad you are enjoying your tunes now. And I understand that IF you like a V shaped sound, then you ought to be able to enjoy it in the privacy of your own home. Don't ask, don't tell. Perhaps not "audiophile" but who is to say what is right or wrong?

BUT, trying to be supportive here, BUT all I want to say is Triton Ones are probably (I have not had the pleasure of hearing them play) worthy of a better front end. As twinturboII said.
Having spent so much on speakers, you might need to save up, I don't know. But I definitely think most of the GE speaker line will show off all the high quality input you can bring to play.
I know the Triton 2s and 3s and 7s like to play loud and have a high quality pre-amp/amp feeding them with Hi Rez music or at least a well played CD.
But good for you to find more happy listening, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Thanks Wayne and twin turbo. Would something like a emotiva xpa 5 or even the 400 watt xpr 5 make a huge difference? I just bought the yamaha and it's one of the new aventage models. It's the rx1040 which is two models down from the top of the line 3040. In saying that I did buy it before I even heard of GoldenEar speakers and I probably would have got at least the 3040 now. My old receiver died with my old jamo speakers and I needed a replacement and it was good for my old system.

I have tried these in through mode but it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as with that I have set up now. My fear is of I get the xpa 5 then all I will be doing is amplifying the 'through' sound I am already getting and just making it louder. Or am I missing the point and the xpa 5 would improve the actual sound as well somehow?Through mode sounds more tinny compared to my eq settings. In terms of actual loudness it plays pretty loud now through my yamaha. I am in a unit so I am sure my neighbours are thinking the same :) . If the xpa 5 or xpr 5 will actually make it sound better and not just louder or more headroom I was considering going down that route as well so please let me know your thoughts.

I am assuming I can keep using my yamaha as the receiver as it controls all my inputs and all I would have to do is connect the xpa 5 to the preouts and then plug the Triton into the xpa5? Please excuse my ignorance but I appreciate everyone's response as it's good to ask questions and learn more so I appreciate all the feedback and help so far.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton 1's- Some Questions