file Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!

• aribraun's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 54
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
aribraun Posted 9 years 2 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote:

aribraun wrote: Just saw Divergent (on HBO, not Blu Ray version :( , poor form, can't get a Blu Ray version every time :laugh: )

The Movie was Solid and a bit thought provoking. T1's and SCXXL were awesome especially during the Ziplind sequence.

Anyway, attached is the current version of my setup.

P.S. The box on the bottom left with the orange light is a DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033 for Bass EQ (LFE hookups to the T1's run through there). Also part of the reason why I have the T1's set to "Small" and crossed at 100hz to send all Bass info through the anti-mode.

Happy Listening and I'm excited to get Wayne's Rhapsodies SACD tomorrow from Amazon to enjoy in 3.0 goodness!!

Hi, Aribraun

Great system you have there! I notice that you are using a Denon AVR 4311cl 9.2 receiver, which spec's out very close to the Marantz SR 7009 I am eyeing (they are sister companies after all). It appears it also has the Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 room correction.. if so have you tried it, and how do you like what it does, or do you use the DSpeaker Anti-mode 8033 for all room EQ? Also, how do you like the height channel? I'm wanting to add back in a pair of Invisa 525's for height.

Not sure how far back your listening position is..I notice your T1 placement doesn't have much toe in. Have you had a chance yet to play around with speaker placement and toe in?

I'm glad you're weighing in on the forum. Good stuff!

Rick

Rick,

The anti-mode 8033 is for Sub EQ only so no other speakers run through there.

The audessy XT-32 is good (6 measuring positions) and I only have 150 square feet in the room. The T1's are toed in to my listing position but is only about 6 feet away so less toeing in, is need. Regarding the audessy the sound is richer when it's using the audessy EQ filters for room correction vs. pure direct (I know there has been controversy regarding that here). I need to rerun audessy though since I got the T1's and SCXXL. The settings are still from the T7's and the SS50c but the rest of the room did not change. I did rerun anti-mode's setup with its own microphone as the T1s' subs are different from my old Epik Legends and more powerful (plus it takes much less time to run it vs. Audessy).

Height speakers: I have had height speakers for years (using Dolby IIz and now Audessy DSX on my Denon). It's good but I don't feel like it makes a massive difference.

I will of course report back when I rerun audessy xt-32 one of these days.
L/R: Triton 1
C: SuperCenter XXL
FLH/FRH: SuperSat 3
SL/SR: Triton 3+
SBL/SBR: SuperSat 3
Denon AVR 4311CI
Emotiva XPA 5 (Gen 2) for L/C/R/SL/SR
DSPeaker Anti Mode 8033 Sub EQ
Oppo BDP-103D
Samsung UN 55C8000 (2010)
Apple TV 4
Motorola Verizon FiOS Box
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks, Murphy! That's great news! Good find. I kept looking for a 7703. Strange they deviated from their normal naming convention.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks for all the helpful feedback, Aribraun!l

Re room EQ, what I was trying to better understand, and didn't ask the question very well, was whether you EQ'd sub bass only with the anti-mode unit, or also used Audyssey XT32 for the other channels/frequencies (many experts seem to feel that the bass spectrum is most in need of EQ, and that EQ can be dicey in the other frequencies).Thanks for answering the question better than I asked it! It sounds like you're happy using EQ for all channels/frequencies, albeit with two separate EQ systems.

You have obviously done a lot of work with your EQ options, and your experience has encouraged me that trying XT32 with my system in a new XT32 capable AVR is worth a shot.

So, yes, I'll be very interested in your impressions after you re run XT32 with your new speaker setup.

Thanks again.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, aribraun

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi T Cobe, The XPA-1L is what I am driving my SCXXL with. It handles it very well. You will end up with 3 of these:)

DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi all, I have now had time to listen to the SACD version of Brothers in Arms. WOW!!!
It is night and day difference. Its not subtle it is BETTER by a huge margin. It sounds like a remastered version, sound stage is much more open. Instruments are more defined they almost sound 3D?? The depth of the sound stage seems several feet further back. The increased dynamic range of the SACD recording is very obvious. One thing that really jumped out at me was the subtle female vocals in several tracks, they are very clear and more prominent. Not overbearing, just easier to hear. On the CD I have to pay attention to hear some of them, not true on the SACD.

I highly recommend this SACD. I am going to try a few others to see if it's an across the board improvement or just this one. This album was the 1st to be recorded in 100% digital(DDD). That should have an effect so I want to try a few others that were AAD or ADD recorded.

Enjoy!

DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Thanks, DT. Just ordered the first -1L. I'll hook it up to my SCXL until I can purchase the second one and move them both to my T1s. We'll see then how much I miss it... :laugh: I have no doubts that you are correct.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!