file Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 2 months ago
THANKS ALOT D-A-N-N-Y!! I don't know whether too Love you or Hate you, but I believe you just cost me $1249.00... :P
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Murphyslaw1978,
So far as I have heard, there were 54 of the RCA Living Stereo recordings put out in SACD, multichannel.
The boxed set you are referring to may be the same recordings but only in 2 channel stereo. The mulitchannel SACDs were the original microphone placements of 3 mics across the front of the performance (it is really interesting to read about, this was all new stuff at that time, stereo was new and the fact that they decided to put 3 mics and record that way went 1 better than stereo, but was not listened to like that at the time) and these are VERY special performances in most cases.
Now days, IF you have a SACD player like the Oppo, you can play back front left, right and center and have a wall of sound in FRONT of you just like the original orchestra. With a good GEt super center channel and some good towers the sound is AMAZING!!!!!!
IF you love classical music, and do not have an SACD player, then the 2 channel might be worth the money but it is a LOT of money. And not all the recordings are that great.
I buy them one by one on Amazon.com.
Maybe try one or two and see what you think.
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Splash51, T Cobe

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Now that I have stopped laughing I can respond:) My guess is you will HATE me until you get it setup and listen to a few sound tracks and SS movie's. I have decided I like the 80Hz cross over setting. You might start with that and experiment.

Enjoy!!!
DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks Wayne for responding. I am going to order a few more of the RCA SACD's I really like the one you recommended. I saw a Spanish guitar performance that has potential. Do you recommend any others you have listened to?

Thanks,
DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 2 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hi Murphyslaw1978,
So far as I have heard, there were 54 of the RCA Living Stereo recordings put out in SACD, multichannel.
The boxed set you are referring to may be the same recordings but only in 2 channel stereo. The mulitchannel SACDs were the original microphone placements of 3 mics across the front of the performance (it is really interesting to read about, this was all new stuff at that time, stereo was new and the fact that they decided to put 3 mics and record that way went 1 better than stereo, but was not listened to like that at the time) and these are VERY special performances in most cases.
Now days, IF you have a SACD player like the Oppo, you can play back front left, right and center and have a wall of sound in FRONT of you just like the original orchestra. With a good GEt super center channel and some good towers the sound is AMAZING!!!!!!
IF you love classical music, and do not have an SACD player, then the 2 channel might be worth the money but it is a LOT of money. And not all the recordings are that great.
I buy them one by one on Amazon.com.
Maybe try one or two and see what you think.
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne

Hi Wayne - I have an older sony play station 3 that was supposed to be able to play SACDs. That said, I'm not sure I'm ready to buy the 50+ CDs. Is there one or a few that stand out or are representative of the collection? To "see" what its like before I buy? I like classical, but not all classical. Very cool stuff by the way and Thank You
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hey Murphylaw1978,
Let me answer this slowly if you don't mind. Someone else asked that too, and I want to go back and have another listen before I recommend very many.
I can say, first off the bat, that the "Rhapsodies" SACD nearly took my breath away from the opening.
It would be a wonderful place to start.
And if you know the beginning music of 2001 Space Odyssey, then you know the beginning of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Strauss. Reiner conducting the Chicago is considered one of, if not THE BEST version of this remarkable work.
I want to add more, but those two would be a GREAT way to get started and see if you like them as much as I do.
Happy Listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aribraun

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!