file Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Wayne, I had ordered the Richard Strauss SACD. I'm glad it is on your list:)

DT
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aribraun's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 54
aribraun Posted 9 years 2 months ago
First Post!! (I have been reading these forums on and off for a year now)

Wayne, you are the King of these forums! (Happy Belated Birthday!)

Tcobe, Anthem, Arthur, fopmc: You guys are all very prolific too!

I found Golden Ear through Sound and Vision Magazine (subscriber for about 8 years, I imagine there are folks here subscribing for decades under the "Stereo Review" moniker.

I have slowly been upgrading my system over the last 11 years (started with a Samsung Home Theater in a Box 11 years ago when I got married). From the Samsung to an Onkyo HTC-R160, and then my Denon AVR 4311CI. Went from Samsung speakers, to junk Sony Speakers, to a junky Polk 100 watt Sub and RM 95 speak set, then two Epik Legend Subs (that were badass! but the company went under a year and a half ago). Last April I got my Triton 7's and a Supersat 50C and I knew I could never go back.

In May I found out that my GET Dealer would allow me to swap up my speakers if its under a year for their full value toward an upgrade. My head was spinning :blink:

As you can see from my signature I just got Triton 1's and the SuperCenter XXL and an Emotiva XPA-3 (Gen 2) to drive them. My mind is blown!!!

The Triton One's and the SuperCenter XXL are a fabulous combination! (sorry I don't have better technical terms to describe it)

My 3 and a half year old son and I watched some scenes from the latest Transformers Movie last night and it was INSANE!!!!

Wayne, I just ordered the "Rhapsodies" SACD on your recommendation enjoy 3.0 Symphony Bliss!!

I currently have the T1's crossed at 100 hz (set as small) and then use the LFE inputs (double bass is off, of course). When I set them as Large I get much less bass as it was not using the LFE inputs unless the source material had a separate ".1" LFE track (Sandy told me over the phone that the internal crossover to the subs is @ 100 hz on the T1's). I know that some of you will disagree with this paragraph but thats all part of the fun with this hobby of ours :)

I have the SCXXL @60hz though I might change it to 80hz based on other peoples' recommendations here.

Sorry for the long ramble but I had a lot to get out!!
L/R: Triton 1
C: SuperCenter XXL
FLH/FRH: SuperSat 3
SL/SR: Triton 3+
SBL/SBR: SuperSat 3
Denon AVR 4311CI
Emotiva XPA 5 (Gen 2) for L/C/R/SL/SR
DSPeaker Anti Mode 8033 Sub EQ
Oppo BDP-103D
Samsung UN 55C8000 (2010)
Apple TV 4
Motorola Verizon FiOS Box
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Aribraun, Welcome to the forum and thanks VERY much for the kind words!!!! And the birthday wish!
WOW, what a GREAT system you are building!!!!! Well done man!!!!!!
I wish I could listen to those Rhapsodies with you on the Ones with the SC XXL. That will sound amazing.
Enjoy playing with your system setup, dialing it in, speaker location, toe-in, amps and wires, every little bit helps.
And please don't worry if you don't agree with what you read here, we are all learning from each other!
Find out what sounds best to you, for your room and system and kind of music and or movies you like.
We are all different, but we have this love of great sound in common and most of us are finding it here.
We will look forward to hearing more from you.
Pls keep us informed, happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, aribraun

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

Splash51 wrote: Hi Rick, what part of Texas? If Dallas/Ft. Worth area Audio Concepts in Dallas has them in stock. Stereo East in Frisco should have them by now. I do not work for either of these dealers. I buy from both of them and each have very nice setups to audition equipment of all price ranges.

DT

Hi, DT

Thanks for the info. I live just North of Austin, and have been getting speakers, AVR, amps, CD player etc. from Audio Systems in Austin. They have been great about letting me audition equipment, and usually have GEt speakers available for listening. They hadn't gotten a SCXXL by the time I left for NH for the summer, but will hopefully have one to listen to by the time I get back. From all the feedback in this forum about how they sound so clear and smooth, like T1's, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Splash51 wrote: Hi T Cobe, did you know Emotiva is having a summer sale? 10% off until July 15th. If your a current e-club member you get an additional 10 so 20% off. That gets the XPA-1's under $500. The e-Club has been discontinued, so you can no longer sign up. Mine runs out in January 2016. I am waffling on picking up a pair of XPA-1s while I can get this price. Can you ever have too much clean power????? I really like the idea of 60w of class A power!

DT

DT,

I tried joining the e-club when I purchased my XPA-5. It would have been nice to have some lead time in knowing it was going away. I would have signed up right away. I will take advantage of the sale again next week and order a single XPA-1L. I'll use it on my center until I can get the second. If I could get the XPA-1s for $500 each right now I'd take the week or two in the dog house! :laugh:

I've been very happy with the XPA-5! I was a bit skeptical when I ordered it but thought I would take the leap based on feedback here in the forum. It's offered nice, neutral, clean power. My volume levels have been more than sufficient so I believe the XPA-1Ls will be more than sufficient. That's not to say I wouldn't buy the XPA-1s if I got a stellar deal. They are just a bit more than I need, but you're right, you can never have too much clean power. :laugh:

I do most of my listening in the 75 to 85 dB range. It's rare that I approach reference volume and even then it is for short intervals. With the GET speaker efficiencies, it really doesn't take much. I plan to purchase a fully balanced Emotiva 2-channel system with the XSP-1 and the ERC-3 to feed the monoblock amps and my T1s.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Airbraun,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've finally joined in. I've noticed you lurking for a while. :laugh:

Sounds like a great set up! Thanks for the feedback on the SSXL in your system. If you're willing to share your set up with us, it's always nice to see pictures.

That's a sweet deal on the trade in! I wish my dealer would do that. I asked about trading in my SCXL and got nothing. They offered to sell it on e-bay for me and take a healthy commission in the process. I would have been lucky to get $300 for the SCXL that was just purchased 6 months ago. Count yourself lucky. Have fun rediscovering your music and finding new treasures. The T1s have a way of getting you into your music and thirsting for more. Hopefully you have some time and money to burn ! :evil:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51, aribraun

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!