file Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!

• aribraun's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 54
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
aribraun Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Just saw Divergent (on HBO, not Blu Ray version :( , poor form, can't get a Blu Ray version every time :laugh: )

The Movie was Solid and a bit thought provoking. T1's and SCXXL were awesome especially during the Ziplind sequence.

Anyway, attached is the current version of my setup.

P.S. The box on the bottom left with the orange light is a DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033 for Bass EQ (LFE hookups to the T1's run through there). Also part of the reason why I have the T1's set to "Small" and crossed at 100hz to send all Bass info through the anti-mode.

Happy Listening and I'm excited to get Wayne's Rhapsodies SACD tomorrow from Amazon to enjoy in 3.0 goodness!!
L/R: Triton 1
C: SuperCenter XXL
FLH/FRH: SuperSat 3
SL/SR: Triton 3+
SBL/SBR: SuperSat 3
Denon AVR 4311CI
Emotiva XPA 5 (Gen 2) for L/C/R/SL/SR
DSPeaker Anti Mode 8033 Sub EQ
Oppo BDP-103D
Samsung UN 55C8000 (2010)
Apple TV 4
Motorola Verizon FiOS Box
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. Reason: error info_outline

aribraun wrote: Just saw Divergent (on HBO, not Blu Ray version :( , poor form, can't get a Blu Ray version every time :laugh: )

The Movie was Solid and a bit thought provoking. T1's and SCXXL were awesome especially during the Ziplind sequence.

P.S. The box on the bottom left with the orange light is a DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033 for Bass EQ (LFE hookups to the T1's run through there). Also part of the reason why I have the T1's set to "Small" and crossed at 100hz to send all Bass info through the anti-mode.

Happy Listening and I'm excited to get Wayne's Rhapsodies SACD tomorrow from Amazon to enjoy in 3.0 goodness!!

Hi, Aribraun

Great system you have there! I notice that you are using a Denon AVR 4311cl 9.2 receiver, which spec's out very close to the Marantz SR 7009 I am eyeing (they are sister companies after all). It appears it also has the Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 room correction.. if so have you tried it, and how do you like what it does, or do you use the DSpeaker Anti-mode 8033 for all room EQ? Also, how do you like the height channel? I'm wanting to add back in a pair of Invisa 525's for height.

Not sure how far back your listening position is..I notice your T1 placement doesn't have much toe in. Have you had a chance yet to play around with speaker placement and toe in?

I'm glad you're weighing in on the forum. Good stuff!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, aribraun

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 2 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote:

aribraun wrote: Just saw Divergent (on HBO, not Blu Ray version :( , poor form, can't get a Blu Ray version every time :laugh: )

Hi, Aribraun

Great system you have there! I notice that you are using a Denon AVR 4311cl 9.2 receiver, which spec's out very close to the Marantz SR 7009 I am eyeing (they are sister companies after all). It appears it also has the Audysseyr Multi EQ XT32 room correction.. if so have you tried it, and how do you like what it does, or do you use the DSpeaker Anti-mode 8033 for all room EQ? Also, how do you like the height channel? I'm wanting to add back in a pair of Invisa 525's for height.

Not sure how far back your listening position is..I notice your T1 placement doesn't have much toe in. Have you had a chance yet to play around with speaker placement and toe in?

Rick

Rick, the SR7010 is coming out later this year, so you might want to wait. It addresses a couple items, such as DTS:X.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, aribraun

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Murphy,

Where did you read that? Anything on a new 7703 to replace the 7702 pre/pro? Thank you.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
There's also a AV7702mkII coming. A few others too: www.whathifi.com/news/marantz-releases-f...mps-upgrades-preamps
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 months ago

murphyslaw1978 wrote:

rjohn79395 wrote:

Hi, Aribraun

Great system you have there! I notice that you are using a Denon AVR 4311cl 9.2 receiver, which spec's out very close to the Marantz SR 7009 I am eyeing (they are sister companies after all). It appears it also has the Audysseyr Multi EQ XT32 room correction.. if so have you tried it, and how do you like what it does, or do you use the DSpeaker Anti-mode 8033 for all room EQ? Also, how do you like the height channel? I'm wanting to add back in a pair of Invisa 525's for height.

Rick

Rick, the SR7010 is coming out later this year, so you might want to wait. It addresses a couple items, such as DTS:X.

Thanks, Murphyslaw1978! I just did some digging, and the SR7010 is due out in September, which is when I wanted to check out the 7009, so I will definitely be looking at the 7010 instead! Good info.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Picked up a SCXXL today!!!!!