file New Triton Reference Speakers

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago
They are in production now, shipments are due into our warehouse by July 10th.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 3 months ago
So today May 27, 2017 I saw and heard the Triton Reference up-close-and-personal. Elegant and awesome are just some of the accolades I can think of! They dwarf the Triton One from a physical perspective. You can see that in the photos where the two of them are visible together.

From a sound perspective they do indeed have that “signature voice” and overall sound quality many Triton One owners have come to know, love and frankly – expect – from Golden Ear. Various music (all digital including but not limited to SACD and 24bit/48k) was played through a McIntosh MA5200 and Marantz SA-14S1 initially, and then through a Musical Fidelity M6si and Blue Sound Vault. All of it sounded spectacular!

As to my initial impressions of sound comparison to the Triton One, Golden Ear states that the Reference sub-woofers have 40% more surface area than that of the T1, and the tweeter incorporates 50% more magnet material. I can honestly say that in my opinion a fair representation could be thought of as each Reference basically sounding like one and half Triton One’s. Essentially, the sound is remarkably similar to the One’s, just more of it! Again, this is my initial impression and without “critical” listening.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the grill covering the passive radiators can easily be removed, and are held in place with magnets. Very nice. I wish the same or similar were the case for the front grill, because I do like to look at the drivers at times for whatever reason. The front grill cloth and grill appear identical to that of the T1. The piano gloss finish essentially makes much of the speaker look like the finish of the base (or top cover on the T1), and that does give it an “expensive” (in my opinion) look.

Only other thing I can add is I can’t wait to receive my pair!

Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, fbreynolds

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Great news, GDHAL, glad you were favorably impressed. Where did you hear the speakers and was it a special event?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

fbreynolds wrote: Great news, GDHAL, glad you were favorably impressed. Where did you hear the speakers and was it a special event?

Audio Breakthroughs in Manhasset Long Island NY
www.audiobreakthroughs.com/

From what I understand, they are only one of two dealers in the country who have a demo pair at the moment. The other pair is at a west coast dealer (I have no idea who) and there is a third pair floating around to "professional reviewers".

The demo pairs at the dealers are (I'm told) identical to the customer production versions from an audio sound perspective, however, there could be minor cosmetic imperfection (with the demo pairs). I did not see/notice any imperfections.

This was not a special event. Nevertheless, seeing and hearing them for the first time was rather special to me :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Three pair actually. One pair at ListenUp in Denver, one at Deluxe AV in the Chicago area and the pair at Audio Breakthroughs in NY.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Looking forward to having a listen myself. Looks like it will be when mine come in to the dealer as that looks like the first time the dealer will have any. Should be interesting!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers