• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Ah, the path to sonic bliss....

My upgrade thoughts at present:

Switch from a stereo amp (NAD C275BEE) for the fronts to a 5 channel amp (an ATI AT525NC is high on my list. They were reviewed in Sound and Vision, where the reviewer replaced his Parasound Halo A51 with the AT's as his new reference amps... pretty good company!!!!), to also boost the center and surround channels.

Upgrade the SONOS Connect with the Wyred 4 Sound kit. I still view music streaming as the weaker SQ link, even after adding Wyred 4 Sound's Reclocker. Probably after I get back from NH in Sept. so I don't lose a lot of time with no streaming capability.

Audition the new Triton Reference speakers as fronts for my system whenever they get to Audio Sytems in Austin (the T1's would go to the surround positions). I'm excited to hear what they sound like!!!!!!! And I admire those who have already ordered them sight (hearing) unseen. Good for you!!! Anyone that gets them, please tell us all what you think!!!! If I end up moving my beloved T1's to surrounds, I all the more want upgraded amp capability for the surround channels. I gotta' feeling I'm gonna' love the References!

Ah, Sandy and Goldenear, you keep making so many improvements in your already amazing product line!!! My prior hobby of fast/neat cars is on the back burner. I get HOURS of pleasure every day from this amazing sound system, vs. driving a neat car once or so per week, for an hour or so, getting it back in storage... No contest for me any more.

Happy listening! Come on Triton References! I wanna hear you!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
I was lucky and got my order in around Washington's Birthday in February. This is the first time I buy speakers without seeing or hearing them. My current Triton Ones will be brought upstairs to my secondary audio system and the Triton Twos which are in that system now will be sold. I am now hearing late July/early August time frame for delivery of the Reference.. The wait is truly agonizing.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Bro Rick,
Interesting!!!
Have you had a chance to audition that ATI amp yet? Are you sure it is an awesome amp enough to go with a Reference?????
Just wondering as I have no knowledge of these amps. But what do I know?
We will follow your adventure and live vicariously through you!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

Moderator wrote: I think Al is a great writer, great listener, and writes to the middle.

No doubt he is all of those things. He should be by virtue of having a column in Sound and Vision. I guess I'm a bit disappointed because I would have expected the write-up in the Referencing the Reference paragraph to state something more favorable.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Hi, Wayne

No, I haven't auditioned an ATI amp yet. I am going to check out how best to do that. Another amp I would consider is the NAD Master series M27, 7 channel amp. Both are class D, and use similar licensed nCore technology. We'll see.

I really want to hear the Reference speakers, driven by an amp or two in the class I am considering. I'll have to be careful not to get the cart before the horse. Amp decision may have to wait until I can audition the References with amp options. I do keep thinking about how an amp upgrade would give an uptick right now to my present speaker configuration... would the amp upgrade that I loved with current speakers be a perfect fit for Reference speakers also??? Don't know for sure. Will I love hearing the References so much I pull the plug (an expensive one), and get myself a pair?? TBD.

Patience, Rick, patience.

5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

rjohn79395 wrote: My prior hobby of fast/neat cars is on the back burner.

Rick, fast cars??? What took you so long to fess up? Sandy is a car guy (so is the Moderator Dude)... Do I sense a new topic coming on?

Or not - but thanks for the comments on listening to your GoldenEar system vs. driving ... although I'm going to keep enjoying both!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers