file New Triton Reference Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Have fun this summer Rick, and we hope you won't forget us.
I will definitely plan to get in touch when I next come to TX.
I too was not born there, but in OKLA. That is not a favorite place for most Texans, but I went to Wyo. first, that is my alma mater, and then to TX. So that seemed to make it a little better, mo alright.
And smoked salt, works great over here in Thailand, so I am sure it will work there.
Meantime, while you are up there, you might as well be looking for a more HIGH-END Pre-processor, pre-amp, power amp(s) becoz you are gonna need them to go with your new References when you get them. You know I am right.
Matter of fact, you had better be saving money this summer, that's what I am sayin'!!!!!!
Lord have Mercy!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 3 months ago
While contemplating what Black, smoked salt may be, I have a couple of Triton Reference questions -

Is there a schedule to get more Reference speakers out to the stores? (Or is it up to the individual dealerships to purchase demo units?)

Who on this site (like me) have ordered a pair of Reference speakers already even though we haven't heard them?

fred
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hi Fred. I ordered a pair back in February without seeing or hearing them. Ordinarily I wouldn't make that kind of purchase without seeing/hearing first. Only because I owned a pair of Triton One's for over 14 months and have been very pleased with the sound, I took the leap of faith. Also, generally speaking Golden Ear has a good reputation from a customer service and quality of product standpoint. And that too is a factor when purchasing an eight thousand dollar per pair item without hearing it first. I just saw and heard a pair of the reference for the first time a few days ago.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, fbreynolds

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

fbreynolds wrote: Is there a schedule to get more Reference speakers out to the stores? (Or is it up to the individual dealerships to purchase demo units?)

fred

The entire first run is sold out and we expect to be shipping to dealers that ordered them beginning in mid-July. I am told the second run is not too far behind and it is mostly sold out. Until it is, if a dealer orders a pair for a customer or for display, they will likely come from this second release. At the moment we do not have a firm date for the beginning of that second release.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 3 months ago
I have 2 pairs of T 1s, and have one pair of T Ref on order with a trade in from one of my pairs of T1s. No official return policy but the dealer said if I'm unhappy with the T Ref we can work something out...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Maryland store Gramophone (West Aylesbury Road, Timonium MD 21093) is hosting Sandy Gross, president of GoldenEar, on May 10, from 6–9pm. Sandy will be presenting GoldenEar's new flagship, the Triton Reference loudspeaker, which made its debut at CES 2017. The Reference is an evolution of the technology and concepts introduced in the GoldenEar Triton Series, which first debuted in 2010. The reference incorporates all new drivers, including the Reference High Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (with 50% more neodymium, rare-earth magnet material), a new high-resolution 6" upper bass/midrange driver (with a newly developed Focused Field magnet structure), and new powered sub-bass drivers with 40% more surface area than previous Triton sub-bass drivers,
Sandy Gross will be personally demonstrating the Triton References with his favorite program material. In addition, he will be available to explain the goals and technology, and to answer any questions about T Ref and his long history in the audio industry.

John Atkinson will be taking delivery of a pair of Triton References in June for a review to be published in the fall.

Has John Atkinson received his pair of References yet? I can't wait for his review...they are so Wickedly Detailed.

Robert Deutsch reviewed both the Triton 2 and Triton 1 and gave them both a Class B rating. John Atkinson, being the genius he his, will hopefully hear what Robert has been missing.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers