file New Triton Reference Speakers

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Not sure this review has been posted here yet?
Anyway, something to read while waiting for the T Ref!

www.soundandvision.com/content/goldenear...e-loudspeaker-review
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Moderator posted Sound & Visions review on page 12.
The review was good, but Al Griffin sure didn't wanna make me run out and buy a pair.
Darryl Wilkinson, who reviewed the Triton 1, would have done a much better review. He has an excitement about him that makes you WANT what he's reviewing.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 2 months ago

anthem wrote: Moderator posted Sound & Visions review on page 12.
The review was good, but Al Griffin sure didn't wanna make me run out and buy a pair.
Darryl Wilkinson, who reviewed the Triton 1, would have done a much better review. He has an excitement about him that makes you WANT what he's reviewing.

Well ... Stereophile and Absolute Sound reviews are coming soon. Secrets and Soundstage too. Funny you should say that about Al vs. Darryl, some people find Al's laid back writing to be perfect, others find Darryl's over the top reviews to be bordering on silly rather than entertaining. To each their own, glad we have the varied cast of characters in the press so we get many different "flavors" in our product reviews. As long as they're all good, we're happy. :)

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 2 months ago
As a Persuader, I may need a few "Over The Top" reviews. Found out last week that my Dealer will not be demoing the Triton Reference. Says he does not have the room, but will order it. I will not have a chance to listen before buying...bummer!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Hello Everyone! Yes, I have received, setup, and am in process of listening to them! :cheer:

Suffice it to say they can be thought of as the Triton One on steroids! All is "well". Yes, I shall post a review. Please bear with me as it has been a long past few days. Also, I have recently talked to Sandy and out of courtesy I would like to submit my review to him first. My review is already 3000 words and climbing, so at some point I need to give it a rest. Sandy suggests to forgo posting/writing any review until the speakers are "broken-in", citing that professional reviewers do the same. I think something of a compromise in that respect is in order, especially because my review is primarily subjective (i.e. without real measurement instrumentation, etc.).

Thank you for your patience. Here is an updated photo of my gear firing on all cylinders. Triton Reference and recently acquired Oppo UDP-205.

halr.x10.mx/AV.jpg
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks, all.

Patiently waiting for more reviews, especially as it relates to the relative sound of T Ref's vs. T1's or 2's.

Anthem, I am planning to audition T Ref's when I get back to TX, vs. other Tritons..and I will report back. I don't expect a smidge of difference vs the GEt family sound of all GEt speakers.... but what I want to hear for myself, is what the Ref's do to expand bass depth and/or quality, mid range richness, treble clarity/purity/smoothness vs. the already great SQ I hear.

GDAHL, I expect you're playing your new T Ref's. I respect your decision to wait for breakin before reporting more.But please do report as you can.

There's a lot at stake here as the launch unfolds, and none of us want faulty info...

But we are really looking forward to more info/feedback on how those babies sound, especially vs. the already amazing stable of Tritons.

Keep us posted, all. Sitting here in NH, not having heard my TX GEt speakers for awhile, I'll keep checking in on this thread.

Happy listening all!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers