file High LFE levels

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 10 months ago

Matt-Helm wrote:

Moderator wrote: Yes, you are the only person. We have done this exact same setup at trade shows using various receivers and pre/pros without issue. And yes, the meter, by your measurements, is down 7.5 dB just like we said. What is it you think you are getting the "run around" about? Everyone here seems to have tried to be helpful, the only angry one appears to be you. Please keep things in a positive tone on this forum. otherwise you are probably better off with local support or support from the receiver manufacturer.

I don't think he's the only one. I'm having the exact same issue with my T1's and a Marantz SR7010. I'm pretty fed up with the 7010 and i'm going to return it today.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Cambridge Audio CXR200. Music is 75% and Movies are 25% for me. I do need the 4k at 60frames though on whatever AVR I use.

Any AVR suggestions are welcome! I'd like to stay around/under 3k

MH

Hey Matt, I'm at a loss as to why this would be the case. We've used Marantz units without experiencing this issue. I do have a suggestion though, if you can't get the LFE level down low enough (that's the problem, right?), then turn up the levels on all the other speaker channels (that is, if they are all set to 0dB for instance, set them all for +10dB instead, except for sub/LFE level of course). That should give you the added adjustment range needed. Just keep in mind that your master volume will now be 10dB hotter, so you'll need to readjust your use of "normal" levels down 10dB on the dial. As far as other receivers, The Anthem, NAD and Pioneer Elite are on our recommended list too, although forum members should have lots of suggestions for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Matt-Helm, I agree that I cannot imagine a Marantz product giving this problem. Maybe something wrong with your unit, but I would try the Moderator Dudes' suggestion first.
Please let us know what you work out?
All the best, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Matt-Helm's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Matt-Helm Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Matt-Helm. Reason: error info_outline
I've already tried all the suggestions on this forum and the thread on AVSforum. Some do help and it's manageable. I have a Deftech supercube 2000 thrown into the mix and that seems to want a low LFE setting on the cube and Audyssey sets it at -5db. Could be the SR7010 has some early issues. I did reset it a few times to see if it would help. Still have the issue.

I've already decided to return the SR7010 my 15 day return period is almost up. For the money I spent on it, i'd rather get something else.

I do love the T1's!!

However, the Marantz SR7010 is overkill since i'm only going to use a 5.1 for home theatre. I'm more interested in music at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Matt-Helm's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Matt-Helm Posted 8 years 10 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Matt-Helm, I agree that I cannot imagine a Marantz product giving this problem. Maybe something wrong with your unit, but I would try the Moderator Dudes' suggestion first.

I've tried everything suggested on here and the AVSforum. Well.. almost I haven't tried 12db attenuators.

All my GET speakers are staying and i'll find the right AVR for my setup! I just want you guys to be aware that the problem is real and I have it with my SR7010. I have an older SR5009 i'm going to test this on this weekend and see if it's still "there".

As of now I did pull the trigger on the Cambridge Audio CXR200. I think it might be a better fit.

Thanks again.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Thanks to keep us informed and all the best of luck with the Cambridge Audio.
That might be a great move. I am not familiar with it, does it also have Aydussey?
All the best with it, happy listening to your great speakers, I hope you find the way to get
the very best out of them.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by imahawki. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

Matt-Helm wrote:

Moderator wrote: Yes, you are the only person. We have done this exact same setup at trade shows using various receivers and pre/pros without issue. And yes, the meter, by your measurements, is down 7.5 dB just like we said. What is it you think you are getting the "run around" about? Everyone here seems to have tried to be helpful, the only angry one appears to be you. Please keep things in a positive tone on this forum. otherwise you are probably better off with local support or support from the receiver manufacturer.

I don't think he's the only one. I'm having the exact same issue with my T1's and a Marantz SR7010. I'm pretty fed up with the 7010 and i'm going to return it today.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Cambridge Audio CXR200. Music is 75% and Movies are 25% for me. I do need the 4k at 60frames though on whatever AVR I use.

Any AVR suggestions are welcome! I'd like to stay around/under 3k

MH

Hey Matt, I'm at a loss as to why this would be the case. We've used Marantz units without experiencing this issue. I do have a suggestion though, if you can't get the LFE level down low enough (that's the problem, right?), then turn up the levels on all the other speaker channels (that is, if they are all set to 0dB for instance, set them all for +10dB instead, except for sub/LFE level of course). That should give you the added adjustment range needed. Just keep in mind that your master volume will now be 10dB hotter, so you'll need to readjust your use of "normal" levels down 10dB on the dial. As far as other receivers, The Anthem, NAD and Pioneer Elite are on our recommended list too, although forum members should have lots of suggestions for you.

WayneWilmeth wrote: Matt-Helm, I agree that I cannot imagine a Marantz product giving this problem. Maybe something wrong with your unit, but I would try the Moderator Dudes' suggestion first.

This is fine but it is a work around and far from ideal. Now your reference levels are all off as Moderator points out. In addition with some AVRs this could cause clipping in the channels. Its not an explanation, its a work around as I said. The Marantz 7010 was actually on my list and now Matt is having the same problem I'm having. On a side note, I DID try 12dB attenuators. They introduced a hum into Triton subs.

I'm curious who is using LFE/sub outputs froman AVR going ONLY to the Triton One subs who is NOT having this problem and what AVR do they own? It seems everyone who claims to not be having this problem that I can find is either 1) running speaker level outputs only or 2) running other subs instead of or in addition to the Triton subs.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back