file High LFE levels

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Well good discussion boys.
I like the restraint and yet forthright discussion. T. Cobe is the good one at smoothing things over, I just wish I had some technical input that could make everyone play well together, system wise I mean.
BUT I don't have Ones and I too got rid of my Marantz with its Audyssey. I am liking what I hear on my T 2s (and T 3s and T 7s) with the Emo XMC-1 and DIRAC.
OK, I am good to leave it at this.
Have fun, Happy Listening to all,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

T Cobe wrote: I'm sorry to here that the proper LFE setting continues to challenge folks here. To be clear, it's only Audessey that is unhappy with my setup. I'm very happy with where it is at. I have my gain knob set between 12:00 and 13:00 on my T1s and am at about -10 dB in my Integra setup menu for the LFE. .....
Try not to get too wrapped around what Audessey wants and go with what sounds best. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I had similar issues with how AUDYSSEY XT 32 on my Marantz SR 7010 wanted to set up EQ for sub LFE. During the microphone process, it kept wanting me to turn down the volume control on the sub's (T1's as sub 1, T2's as sub 2). I bypassed sub EQ and just let it make recommendations on everything else.

In the end, I also did as many have done. I set the Triton's own sub level controls first, for music (I do play 2.0 stereo as all channel surround). The best settings on the Tritons for me are T1's at 12:00, T2's at 10:00. Then I adjusted sub gain in the receiver, for LFE.
The setting I like best is -12db for the T1's (sub 1), and 0db for the T2's (sub 2).

Those settings seem to give me well balanced bass for both music and surround with LFE content. Other than AUDYSSEY issues with sub EQ, I am very happy with how the Marantz performs, and the bass settings I got to manually.

As Art says, enjoy the musical journey!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Excellent, very glad to hear that imahawki, enjoy your system and please keep active in the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back