file External Amp Advice - Triton 5

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 4 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Po,

That may have been what I was referring to as dispersion. Right now all my bass is up front. I'd like some to come from behind my primary seating. Is that what you meant by proximity? If so, I think we are 100% on the same page. That's why the T2s may be best for my surrounds. Besides that, I had such a difficult time integrating my Paradigm sub, it makes me leery of attempting another outboard sub. Then there's the added floor space and clutter...

Cheers,

T Cobe

Very True, hardware selection is just the beginning, then it's all the fine tuning, aesthetics of space etc.
What I am learning, is that although I have my newly renovated space, I didn't do any research at the time to sound treatment etc., and while it doesn't sound bad at all, I am reluctant to go too loud because of neighbor issues!

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 4 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Thanks, Moderator. That said, GET's previous Atmos demo setup of choice for trade shows was the T1s up front, T2s in the rear, and HTR-7000s in the ceiling. Has that changed with the arrival of the T5?

That trade show setup was very cool, lots of fun to demo thanks to taking advantage of the four powered subs, something you can't get with Fives in the rear. That said, Fives (or Sevens) in the Rear and Ones up front is probably plenty of subwoofer for most people in most home-size theaters.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline

fopmc wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Po,

That may have been what I was referring to as dispersion. Right now all my bass is up front. I'd like some to come from behind my primary seating. Is that what you meant by proximity? If so, I think we are 100% on the same page. That's why the T2s may be best for my surrounds. Besides that, I had such a difficult time integrating my Paradigm sub, it makes me leery of attempting another outboard sub. Then there's the added floor space and clutter...

Cheers,

T Cobe

Very True, hardware selection is just the beginning, then it's all the fine tuning, aesthetics of space etc.
What I am learning, is that although I have my newly renovated space, I didn't do any research at the time to sound treatment etc., and while it doesn't sound bad at all, I am reluctant to go too loud because of neighbor issues!

Thanks
Po

Po,

All things in moderation then...? :P It would be exceptionally difficult for me to show that type of restraint. The GETs sound so good LOUD! :evil: Maybe take your neighbors a gift once in a while or invite them over to enjoy the sound first hand from time to time.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, fopmc

• DaveyMac's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 92
DaveyMac Posted 9 years 4 months ago

T Cobe wrote: The GETs sound so good LOUD! :evil: Maybe take your neighbors a gift once in a while or invite them over to enjoy the sound first hand from time to time.

Cheers,

T Cobe

THIS! Or if you prefer a less subtle approach - go quad Triton Ones and a couple FF subs and your neighbors will move!

• DaveyMac's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 92
DaveyMac Posted 9 years 4 months ago
If anyone has added an external 200+ watt amp to their GE setup, please share if you feel it made a difference in SQ.

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
When played at normal levels, no. When played a bit louder, no. When played quite loud or with extreme dynamics, yes. It comes down to being able to hear distortion or clipping, which is quite noticeable and easy to reproduce.

That said, with lower efficiency speakers, or speakers that dip into low impedence at times, it all happens at lower volumes.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers External Amp Advice - Triton 5