file External Amp Advice - Triton 5

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I agree with Murphy above!!!!!
And the rest of you guys are killing me with all the Triton One talk!!!!!
I have never even gotten to hear them!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH
Such is the joy of being an early adopter. What comes later is better and by that time your resources are tapped out and you can't afford them.
OH WELL, I am happy with what I have, thank you very much!!!!
God Bless the child who has his own (Triton Ones), ha ha
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Wayne,

There's no need to beat yourself up over the T1s. There will always be a bigger, better, faster. I'm sure Mr. Gross and his team at GET will come out with another step up above the T1 in another year or two and then we'll all be in the same boat. Let that new XMC-1 breathe some new life into your system and satisfy that upgrade itch!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Yeah, thanks T Cobe, I think you are right.
Actually IF there were a good market for used speakers here I would sell some of mine to trade up, but that is not likely to happen methinks.
Let me see if I can get the magic I want (think I NEED, ha ha) outta the XMC-1 and my Triton 2s.
Have fun with your big speakers boys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• DaveyMac's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 92
DaveyMac Posted 9 years 4 months ago

fopmc wrote: T Cobe

I'm not sure what the demand for the output of rear channels really mean...

Also for the center channel, the SCXL is good, in fact very good, just not Triton 1 great. It feels like a Aon 4 if one existed! I could be wrong here, but like I have said I am still breaking them in. The fact that the center channel is so important and to have it matched with the Triton 1s, I won't go else where. To put it into words where I feel it is lacking, is difficult to say but doesn't quite connect the dots and have the Triton 1 sparkle you now come to expect. !

I read a lengthy, educated post on AVS forums about what rears need, and it made sense: Movies are made with action in front of you, what you can see. We can't see behind us. We can never hear as much dynamics from something going on behind our heads. Therefore, you simply don't need monster speakers for rears. As long as you have the same tweeters, you should pretty much have rear surround nirvana. I hope this makes sense.

Have you tried your ss xl with 60 hz crossover? Maybe it will blend with t1 better there? I think I like the lower crossover with my t5's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

murphyslaw1978 wrote: The Emotiva will be a step up from the Crown in sound quality. If you're worried about cost, you could also buy used amps. They are roughly 50% cheaper than new. If you buy used, you can always resell later and not lose much money, which can then be used to trade up.

The T5s have 90dB of sensitivity, so they will play quite loud, even with only a few watts of power. Do you listen to loud music or movies?

I do not listen above reference. My wife won't let me (sigh).

These amps have me intrigued, I did more investigating on other forums and it seems xpa-3 might be my better choice. It will add 200 watts to all three fronts! Now I'm paranoid that adding all that power to just my FL and FR speakers would leave the center sounding off.

If I had money to burn I'd get xpa-2 though... It is just 250 watts to two channels, BUT way cooler if you're thinking about upgrading more - because you can switch it to monoblock and it will drive one speaker over 500 watts!!!

If I had 5 channel emotiva amp, could I hook TWO of the channels to each speaker? Is that what bi-amp means?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers External Amp Advice - Triton 5