file Suggested Amps for Triton 2 Speakers

• dcweber's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dcweber Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Looking for informed advice from Triton 2 owners. What is your short list (2 or 3) for stereo (2 channel) amplifiers (integrated - one box). Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Winefix's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 70
Winefix Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I have used many, and my favorites are Peachtree nova125, Emotiva Xpa2, and the winner by a healthy margin to my ears (and my customers) is the Rogue Spynx. You can do even better, but without breaking the bank, the Spynx is the best integrated I have used for the money. Also, can be custom configured by the factory with HT bypass- a major plus at this price point.

Let me know if you have any questions on set up, etc..

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Good times, good wine, and great music !!

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline

Winefix wrote: I have used many, and my favorites are Peachtree nova125, Emotiva Xpa2, and the winner by a healthy margin to my ears (and my customers) is the Rogue Spynx. You can do even better, but without breaking the bank, the Spynx is the best integrated I have used for the money. Also, can be custom configured by the factory with HT bypass- a major plus at this price point.

Let me know if you have any questions on set up, etc..

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Interesting...im also looking for amps for the T2 and in another thread The Emotivas were also recommended.

Question tho:

If the Rogue Audio is a better choice by a "healthy margin" what 5 channel surround amp for us HT users could be paired with the Sphinx?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hi dcweber,
I have the Triton 2s and use them in my home theater. I tried several different amps, including some integrated amps, but I was not able to use an integrated amp in my home theater setup without a LOT of hassle.
But when I was listening, by far the best amp I heard was the Vincent SV-800. (I have NOTHING to do with Vincent, just can get them to listen to at my home over here)
It is a hybrid amp, tubes and transistors, 50 wpc set for pure Class A operation (which sounded awesome with the T2s) or Class AB to 100 wpc.
If you can audition one, I highly recommend it. I ended up going with a surround sound processor with the Vincent SP-T800s which are also hybrid and sound great. They are only bettered by the front end of the SV-800 (my Marantz AV7005 lets me down a little bit there).
Monsterzero, I should have mentioned to you, getting a great stereo amp and a 5 channel amp with it is an awesome choice too.
Then you can really maximize your front Triton 2s and the surrounds are not so equally important (I did not say not important).
I hope this helps,
Enjoy the fun and music,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero, rjohn79395

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
sorry to hijack the OPs thread but after reading up on the Sphinx amps many are saying its not a great amp for movies and rock music due to weak bottom end.

Seeing as how classical music,nor jazz(except for the occasional Dave Brubeck)will ever be played in my system what amps would best suit my music tastes

Eagles,Fleetwood Mac,Pink Floyd,Metallica,Judas Priest...etc....?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Monsterzero,
You are talking music now!!!!
Come over and listen at my house, Thailand is not that far.
Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Suggested Amps for Triton 2 Speakers