• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
tnt-audio.com/.../marantzpm7000

Overall...it will do a fair job of whatever you throw at it, but no more. Occasionally, it will rise above its price class, as with some jazz for example, especially the sax, but overall, it's nothing to write home about. It is musically unexciting, it plays fair notes, but no more than that.

Do you need a better amp? You be the judge.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: My tube amp journey has come to an end. Today, after many months of searching, I've made a decision and have placed my order. Some of the amps I was considering: The PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP ; McIntosh MC 275 ; Rogue Audio M-180's ; Decware Zen TorII MKIV...the winner is The Decware Zen TorII MKIV.

The Zen is for people who want more than to just hear music, they want to float in it. (Love that statement). This amplifier absolutely captures the magic of single-ended triodes, yet it isn't one. Over twenty years in the making, it's out-of-the-box design theory and tedious (hand built) execution give it a sound that simply embarrasses many hi-end amps. This amp is hand made in the USA.

This is a ballsy 25 watt per channel amp, pure class A tube, with no circuit boards and also features a dual mono design with fully independent vacuum tube regulated power supplies. It can be used with or without a preamp. The Zen TorII uses a unique push-pull design that employs only a single capacitor and gain stage to drive the out put tubes. It has the beauty of S.E.T sound with the performance of the very best push-pull.

I've had numerous e-mail correspondence's with Steve ( the head honcho) and he assures me "I will not be disappointed".
He says the build time is down to 4-weeks...this will be a Christmas present to myself, and won't be opened until Christmas day. Also ordered another DSG Studio Grade cable and a Decware silver/Teflon 5 ft. Power Cord.

It's gonna be a GREAT CHRISTMAS.

I have to say, I finally looked up your amp, and it's quite impressive. Has the sound changed at all over the 10 months you've had it?
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
murphyslaw1978

Today, the Zen Torii turns 9 months old. Yes, she has changed in sound, particularly in the midrange. Most Decware forum members who own the Torri feel the greatest changes come after 300-600 hrs. of play. I heard the most improvement in month eight, with greater ease in the midrange, especially in saxophones. The Torii requires no separate preamp. When I first got (her) I used an Oppo 105 directly into the Torri. Sound was extremely detailed, but upper octaves of saxophones were somewhat stressed. As time has gone by, the use of an PrimaLuna Premium Preamp has helped with better control of sax and brass. Lately I've been listening without an preamp, and with the hours racking up, I've come to the conclusion that the Torri is a Great sounding amp on its own. With or without an preamp, the Torri is a keeper.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hi All,
I don't know where to stick this, so am putting it here.
Was surprised to see this awesome pre-amp on sale on Amazon.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJLQLEA/ref...164645200_em_1p_6_ti
It has a home theater bypass, and delicious sound for two channel.
IF I did not want a balanced system and IF I listened to two channel, this is the pre-amp I would have
gotten.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
If you have the right amp, you don't need a preamp. If I was looking for a new preamp, this would be number 1 on my list.

Decware Zen Triode Preamp: www.decware.com/newsite/comingsoon.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Dual mono, fully balanced, class A, and pretty to look at... This is a contender. I wonder if it will have HT bypass and what the price will be. I wonder if this is the start of a new direction for Decware. This is a significant departure from previous offerings.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Suggested Amps for Triton 2 Speakers