file Suggested Amps for Triton 2 Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I am about an hour North of Chiang Rai. Can see Myanmar from our house. We have soi dogs here too.
To buy GET equipment in Thailand contact the distributor in Bangkok as per the GE website. If you have any trouble contacting him, write me an email, I can give you his personal contact. He is the best I have ever seen to deal with!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This is for me, not him.
I will help if I can, every poor boy deserves good tunes!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: I am about an hour North of Chiang Rai. Can see Myanmar from our house. We have soi dogs here too.
To buy GET equipment in Thailand contact the distributor in Bangkok as per the GE website. If you have any trouble contacting him, write me an email, I can give you his personal contact. He is the best I have ever seen to deal with!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This is for me, not him.
I will help if I can, every poor boy deserves good tunes!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

you ROCK Wayne!

I actually got to demo the T2s here in BKK @ a shop at the Paradise shopping mall near Bang Na...oddly Piyanas right next door doesnt carry GE.

The demo was short and the setting as far from optimum,but got to listen to some lossless Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" thru the T2s.....the hair on my arms rose!It was that nice,even though im guessing the T2s hadnt yet been broken in yet.The amp he used was a 50 watt tube amp,didnt catch the company name tho.

Im so very much looking forward to checking them out in NYC in a proper listening room and doing A/B with different amps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You are in for a treat, you will love music through them!!!!
Yeah, Piyanas don't know what they are missing. Fair enough, most dealers in Asia prefer to sell my costlier gear with a LOT more markup (read profit margin). I know shops in S'pore and Malaysia that will hardly even demo the GEs.
Have fun in the Big Apple, but hurry back to the Big Mango.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

• dcweber's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
dcweber Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Thanks all for the timely and informed replies. Leaning toward either Emotiva or Marantz. And for cables looking at SignalCable Silver Rez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Dcweber,
I really don't think you can go wrong there.
I have the Signal cables, silver, and they are very good. Great, but don't want to get in to hyperbole.
I have Marantz products and they are also very good. Never tried the Emotiva, but lots of the guys here have and really recommend them.
You will enjoy, sure!!!!
Have fun,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: dcweber

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Well the dust has settled and smoke has cleared...back to topic. I believe the original question was, "what is your short list for integrated amps for the Triton 2's"?

Winefix has some great suggestions: the Peachtree Nova 125 and the Rogue Spynx. Emotiva does not sell an integrated amp.

Other considerations you might look at include, The Zen Triode Integrated from decware.com $1295.00 and the PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated Amp $3399.00...Class A...2014 The Absolute Sound Editor's Choice Award.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, monsterzero, dcweber

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Suggested Amps for Triton 2 Speakers