file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
Tonight I watched "Mr. Right" with the delightful Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell was good too.
Writers have to get pretty darn creative these days to do something new, or at least a little different in a movie, and this one is that.
VERY well written and acted.
PQ was not noticably good nor bad. SQ was fine with 5.1 sound but not a stand out either.
Watch this one for quirky entertainment, and fine fun. But the language is pretty rough for the kids, well, so is the violence.
Still I RECOMMEND this one for fun.
YMMV, but most will enjoy this ride.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Hey Wayne,
Yes noticed the "interesting" clothing Joe Walsh was wearing.
Hey whatever gets him to play that music that he does :-).
Can you pick me up a pair of something cool too? :-)

What with the refs and great amp in my HT, I'm compelled to listen to more HT concerts now compared to the past.
Ordered up a few blurays. Unfortunately no concerts in 4K yet that I've spotted but looking forward to those.
In the queue:
Fleetwood Mac live in Boston (DVD)
Queen in Montreal (bluray)
ZZ Top (bluray)
Plus lots of stuff I already have that I need to check out again - top of that list is SRV at the Mocambo and Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.
Will report back!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Enjoy Pbgalvin,
Winners one and all!!!!!

Happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rackon, will be looking forward to that list of what you listen to for checking out a system and speakers.
Thanks Pbgalvin for providing your play list.

Tonight I am starting a new made for TV series, on blu-ray discs, "Deadwood". The first season.
Just one episode into it and I am sorta a little bit underwhelmed, unimpressed. So far.
There is a very strong British influence which I do not understand in a Western yet. And the language may be so nasty because that is the way they really talked in the old wild West, I wouldn't know. I am old but not that old.
It has Tim Olyphant in it, he was brilliant in Hitman and Hitman Agent 47, also Live Free or Die Hard.
PQ is pretty good, SQ is DTS 5.1 and so far, nothing to shout about.
I will let you know IF there is any change for the better, but so far it is about a 2 or 3 star outta 5 for me.
YMMV.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Pbgalvin. info_outline
Oh Wayne, I'm jealous! I loved Deadwood and wish I could watch it again for the first time. I don't mind swearing which is good because there is LOTS of it.

Today a moment I've been waiting for - checking out Stop Making Sense by Talking Heads on the improved rig.
Can't give it a fair review because they are my favorite band. On the bluray the video is a little disappointing - but it is an "old" movie now. The sound on the other hand is outstanding!
Brings back memories because I saw them on this tour. One of my top concerts but they sound better now in my living room :-).
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pbgalvin,
I just watched the second episode, and Deadwood is starting to hook me. Not quite there yet. AND football season is ready to start, I am doing mock drafts on my fantasy football team. So this is a "busy" time for me. I can't wait till football starts!!!!
Glad you enjoyed the Talking Heads even better than AT the concert. That is my experience, you can have the best seat in the house, without any of the downside of GOING to a concert, can watch it over and over at your convenience and for a small fraction of the cost!!!!
What is not to love about Blu-ray concerts??????
AND you can only upgrade your system a limited number of times, at least for me, not that often, so that makes threads like this the most important to me, what kind of music and movies are there to enjoy on our wonderful systems???

Have fun with it,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?