file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Hello Folks,
Anybody need a free taxi ride out in California? Just call up Uber and tell them Wayne said to give you a free ride on him!!!
Yes, somehow Uber got my credit card number and charged 17 times on my card in 2 days, once almost $500!!!!
I have cancelled the card and looks like my bank is trying to get my money back. It is pretty obvious to one and all that I (in Thailand) cannot be using Uber in CA at all, let alone 17 times in 2 days.
OK, back on thread, I have been watching season 7 of Game of Thrones. Winter is HERE!!!
Awesome, amazing, shortened season and they got away from the books almost entirely now, but it is well done and quite enjoyable.
I could only get DVDs so am not gonna report on PQ or SQ since they are not up to blu ray quality at all.
Only 2 more shows there to watch to finish this season, and so back to movies soon. That and been enjoying Hi Res music reported on the other thread.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Finished another season of GOT.
OK, then.
Tonight I watched "Ghost in the Shell" with Scarlett Johansson.
This is one mixed up movie, racially, location wise, etc. BUT I am good with that, Asians and Americans work in our house!!!!
I do not like this style, some sort of cartoon or graphic novel, or whatever this one has been adapted from (though I did REALLY like the Sin City movies). This almost looked like Blade Runner or such.
BUT this was pretty well done and I have to admit I sorta liked it.
PQ was very good, not the best but pretty darn good.
SQ was by way of DD HD 7.1 and I suppose it was ATMOS for those who can decode it. What it was though for me was BASS!!!!!
Explosions and gun fights galore, the sound was all around and well done, VERY enjoyable. Almost demo quality BASS, I am picking up the pieces of the home theater now.
Give me an anatomically correct Ms Johansson any time, but other than that,
RECOMMENDED!!!!!
Surprised I liked it.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tonight it was "Snatched" with Amy Schumer, Goldie Hawn, Joan Cusack, Wanda Sykes, et al.
I really like Joan and Wanda, think they are hilarious, love Goldie, but hate to see her so old now. I resemble that remark.
I don't like Amy Schumer, I think she is gross in everything, and she does not carry off the thing she does as well as Melissa McCarthy does, so I feel sorry for Schumer all the time.
PQ was great, some wonderful scenery.
SQ was DD HD 7.1 but nothing really stood out as remarkable.
This movie had HUGE potential IMHO. BUT it never lived up to any of it. A few chuckles here and there, a bit of a sweet heart movie, love Mom sorta thing, but just silly.
I wanted to like it more, but NOT RECOMMENDED. I saw the reviews were 2 stars outta 5, I thought that was pretty generous.
God Bless,
Wayne
Gonna watch some FOOTBALL and hope/pray the games are better than this movie!!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Watched Men in Black last night with my daughter - one of her favs (and one of mine). Really love everything about the movie, and I'm always spotting new, clever, hidden stuff. SQ is very good, but I do turn it down when J is dragging the table over to his seat, making the fingers on a blackboard sound!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pbgalvin, I loved MIB, the whole series!!!! They deserve repeated watching.
Forgot that scene, thanks to remind me.

Last night I tried 2 movies. First was the 3rd I guess in the "Starship Troopers" series called Traitor of Mars. BUT
BUT it turned out to be a movie-toon. Animated or some computer generated version of people, HORRIBLE.
Even though I saw some ratings on the net at 3 ever 3 1/2 stars outta 5 I have no idea what they were smoking!!!!
UNWATCHABLE. I threw away the disc and kept the blu ray box, you can always use a good box.
Seriously terrible.
And then I put on the new "Baywatch", OK where is that Starship Troopers I threw away????????
I saw one 3 star rating for this, but Rotten Tomatoes got it closer with 1 star, again totally unwatchable.
Well I will attach 3 reasons to watch it, and 2 BIG DUD (or dude?) reasons not to. Terrible story and acting and writing and and....
I could not finish either one and will not comment about PQ and SQ as these are NOT candidates for reference films.
Obviously NOT RECOMMENDED. Baywatch was just gross. But some pretty girls, wasted. Even in SLO MO.
YMMV.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tonight the family watched "Hacksaw Ridge" together, I had already watched it but wanted them to see it.
WONDERFUL movie!!!!!
I already reported on it, the sounds of war were awful/terrific for the home theater experience.

Now I am starting "The Outlander" made for TV series. Never saw it yet, and only 1 episode in, I am hoping it gets WAY better. This is NO GOT or Deadwood. Is it any good? I lived 5 years in Scotland so I thought it might be interesting, but looks a little like a chick flick so far.
We will see.
Still I am WAY into and enjoying my home theater, I hope you guys are enjoying yours too!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?