file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Which Blu-ray did you watch last night? Would be interesting to hear what you guys are watching.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Hi Anthem,
We watched the movie "Warm Bodies" last night. It was better than expected. A good Zombie love story. ha ha
Then when the fam was put to bed, I put on Simon Rattle and the Berlin Philharmonic playing Borodin, Mussorgsky and Shostokovich on Blu-ray, it was AWESOME. But I had to listen on cans. Glorious sound. The Pictures in a Exhibition almost over drove my Grado cans. Actually I think it was my little tube head phone amp was clipping or my head phones are not what they used to be, which could be the case.
Good thread, looking forward to hearing what you and everyone else is watching/listening to.
Have fun, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Sorry Anthem,
You didn't say these had to be high-brow movies. ha ha
Actually, "Warm Bodies" had a wonderful, unexpected DTS 7.1 sound track with LOTS of good music on it.
I watched the latest Blu-ray of "Les Miserables" the other night and I am sorry to say, I thought it sucked. I very much prefer the movie of the same title with Liam Neeson playing the lead (1998). (And it is reported that if you don't like Liam Neeson's movies, he can kick your butt!!!! We just found this out with the Taken movies and the Grey).
Just telling it like it is.
Enjoy, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Oblivion - excellent DTS MA 7.1 audio track. Not too bad a film if you don't mind the familiar themes. :)

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Hey Wayne:

I remember what you said a couple months ago about you and Moderator being the only ones on the community page. You were right! People act as if this were a china shop and don't want to break anything. Come on people, it's OK to be a bull and break a few things (once in awhile). Wayne does. (p-a-r-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-e) lol
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Resident Evil : Afterlife - love this film. Saw it in the theater in 3D. Sound was spectacular. The blu-ray lives up to the theater presentation of sound & picture quality. It's stupid fun. :laugh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?