file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: mo info_outline
OK, Pbgalvin, I am a few episodes in to Deadwood now and am getting blown away, it is REALLY GREAT!!!!!
The fact that it is based on some actual history is remarkable, the writing is stupendous, and the acting is perhaps even more so.
For all the nasty language, this is sorta a thinking man's TV show, not just pulp. Surprised me, even though it came highly recommended by several.
I am thoroughly enjoying it now, but gotta say Calamity Jane steals the show!!!!
Sound wise, the songs at the end of each show, as the credits roll are wonderful and sound GREAT!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 6 days ago

Still watching and REALLY enjoying DEADWOOD!!!!!
After a particularly poignant episode the credits rolled to this song. I had forgotten it.

Our family just finished "Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.
I did not think it was a very good story (kinda repetitive), and not particularly well done either, in spite of the star power T C brings.
I do however really love Bill Paxton movies and he added a bright spot to this one.
PQ was not very good, it was a pretty dark movie. Possibly because the aliens were not very well drawn in this one and they did not want that to be seen? SQ was VERY noteworthy in the beginning. At the start this show will try to blow your sub!!!!! It has a LOW YOWL that has to be experienced and for that it is reference.
Otherwise it was still pretty good, but I don't remember any thing else that stands out.
If you want to test your low throbbing sub-sonics, try this one. Would like to have seen more of Ms. Blunt.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 6 days ago
Last edit: 7 years 6 days ago by T Cobe. info_outline

This one was a stinker!!! 2/5 for the film and that may be too generous! SQ and PQ were good, but assigning a rating would be a bit superfluous based on the quality of the film. You're better off with Deadwood or a sweaty and muscular Emily Blunt.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 6 days ago
Thanks for the warning Bro T.
I have been buying and watching lots of movies like this, stinkers!!!!
VERY wonderful to have you back Bro!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 days ago
Has someone reported on "Wonder Woman" yet?
Must have, but I don't remember, so here I go with a few short comments. Gal Gadot stars!!!!!
We watched this tonight, and I must say that I cannot get anything from Amazon shipped over here any more, or not much.
So this was a local purchase and was fairly bad quality. I REALLY wanted this movie in 3D, but no, I did not find it, I did not even find it in Thai, so my wife switched off reading subtitles (what I ALWAYS have to do) half way through the movie, too much trouble for her.
The sound on my copy was only DD 5.1 I am sure that is not what it was meant to be.
But I will say we were blown away by the movie anyway. I think PQ should be better in a better copy, but ours was pretty great.
SQ was awesome BASS!!!!! I was engrossed in the movie so I did not notice particularly great use of the surrounds, but was probably there on a 7.1 presentation. There were LOTS of explosions and just deep bass tension/excitement builders that shook the house, not just the home theater!!!! WOW I enjoyed that!!!!
Gal Gadot is possibly the most beautiful woman in the world, but not exactly the best actress, NOT BAD at all, quite good considering, and in fact I did not think that Chris Pine stole the show from her at all (as he often does). She held her own very well. It was a good role for a woman, well crafted story, well told, well written and acted, all in all it was all I hoped the movie would be and MORE.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! Top notch comic book character entertainment. It was not "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" or anything, but I found it a visual and audio treat.
Not to be missed!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 1 day ago
Great review Wayne. My cousin in Michigan saw it in the theater awhile back, said it was a "Must See".

The release of "Wonder Woman" in the U.S is the nineteenth - today.
Why are you ahead of us?
Explain please...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?