file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by WayneWilmeth. info_outline
WOW, "Justice League" puts em to sleep. No wonder Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 40%. Others rated it higher, and for me, you had me at Wonder Woman!!!!!
Well, Gal Gadot lit up the screen every time she was on, but it still took quite a while to figure out the story line, by that time wife and daughter were totally asleep and I was nodding off. It did get better (as in every time Gal Gadot was on screen, did I say that already?).
PQ was fine, SQ was only 5.1 on my copy, the explosions and such were OK, really. Probably fine, it was just that the antagonist was not believable in any way, the story stupid, just some good looking actors in funny suits.
IF you like comic book stuff, this is better than the others, but not by much, mostly WW and the Flash were good and a couple of funny lines to break up the boredom.
I think I am finished with comic book movies, nobody in our house can relate (well I did like Batman when I was growing up, what boy didn't? But not sure I actually ever read one of the comics).
Guess I MIGHT make an exception for another WW movie.
Barely recommended with considerable reservations.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Weird movie alert!!!!!
"Mother" with Jen Lawrence, Xavier B. Ed Harris, Mich Pfeiffer, etc, what is not to like? All star cast.
Starts out really scary and then WAY SLOW. Finally gets totally CRAZY, then really WEIRD and TOTALLY Bizarre, then finally comes to some resolution where you know what the heck has happened. Sorta.
They just told us the tale of the spiritual meaning of human existence in a REALLY off base and whacked out way.
PQ was fine, not great, grainy actually.
SQ was 7.1 and very surprising for this kind of movie, REFERENCE Quality. By the time war is going on, WOW the sounds, shots and explosions, my wife left the room!!!! Was not expecting that.
Good use of of screen sounds, surround sounds. BUT it is doubtful you would really want to suffer through this movie for the sounds, very doubtful you would want to use this crazy movie for a demo to friends. But you could.
Artsy fartsy movies like this don't really do it for me, but are better than comic book movies, cartoon movies.
But once I figured out what was going on, the pay off did not work for me, like I said
WEIRD MOVIE!!!!!
Not really recommended in spite of all the pretentious work (and great actors, not that I saw any really great acting) that went into making this.
YMMV.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, you have probably all seen it, and I am the last to get around to seeing "IT".
Supposed to be scary, so there were some jump out at you shots, with the accompanying loud music shrieks.
SQ by way of 7.1 was VERY effective in that sense, the use of the surrounds for some seriously creepy sounds, and LOUD ones too, impressed me. I was not particularly into the scary stuff so I sorta noticed things like that more than I was probably supposed to.
PQ was REALLY good. Sound too, I liked the production values in this movie a LOT.
The kid actors could have been better, IMHO.
The writing, not Stephen King's part, but the screenplay, could have been a little stronger it seemed.
BEWARE of filthy language. Our daughter left using the F bomb just as the kids had done in the film, I was not happy about that.
Overall it is a RECOMMEND from me, especially the sound and picture quality aspects.
IF you really want to get scared, this is not the movie.
YMMV.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I gets tickled when we go back and re-watch a winner of a movie, like "Mission Impossible, Rogue Nation" like we did tonight. I already know the show, so I can sit back and revel in the AWESOMENESS of the Surround Sound in 7.1.
More like 7.5 in my home theater and the sound from the opera scene, to the chase scenes, dialogue and action, just spectacular sound.
Even at the end of the movie, the girl is finally free to get away, and get away in style she does as BMW must have paid a HEFTY promotional fee to use so many of their vehicles in this movie, and the soundtrack goes back and weaves in a strain from the opera, the most familiar song, "Nessun Dorme".
Enjoy it here.

Thank God for my GoldenEar Tech. home theater!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Wayne,
Yes, "Mission Impossible, Rogue Nation" is a terrific movie to watch but more important, the IQ is high and the SQ is outstanding, even on a 5.1 system.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Finally an easy recommendation. "Baby Driver" rocks it.
Totally.
This movie is well written, well done, even the gunshots are in time with the music!!!!
MUSIC all the way through, this is a dream demo on my home theater system.
Only in 5.1 surround, at least the copy I got, still it is demo worthy, all channels are a buzz with great sound.
PQ is right up there too. Great actors too, Eiza Gonzalez and Lily James light up the screen with beauty.
Bunch of scruffy guys too, Jamie Foxx was almost out acted by John Hamm, and everyone out acted the lead, Baby.
But MUSIC is the star of this movie,

Highly Recommended movie and soundtrack.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?