file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTSME Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Blu-ray - Rogue One A Star Wars Story
Released in April 2017
Audio: dts HD Master Audio 7.1
Length: 133 Minutes
Picture Quality: Excellent - 4.5 out of 5 stars Panasonic Plasma HDTV
Sound Quality: Excellent - 5 out of 5 stars
Computer Graphics: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Enjoyment factor: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is an excellent movie and demo material. The rebel spy band together on a desperate mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, The Empir's ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

The new generation of stars brings a nice update to this film. Highly recommended.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Blu-ray - Star Wars - The Force Awakens
Released in 2016
Length: 136 Minutes
Picture Quality: Excellent - 5 out of 5 stars Panasonic Plasma HDTV
Computer Graphics: 5 out of 5 stars
Enjoyment factor: 5 out of 5 stars

There was a long time between films and this one was no let down. The picture quality transfer from digital to disc is excellent with no pixel issues. There are numerous tracks that are great demos of your HT system. The Triton Ones had no issue with the heavy bass. Highly recommended.

I bought the steel case version with 3 discs. Worth the $$$$. If your new to the Star Wars scene, this is a must.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Great reviews, thanks Del!!!!
You see, it is important that you are here. IF you or someone did not add these Star Wars reviews, nobody would have. I am NOT a fan. I saw the first one at the London debut so many years ago. I am a HUGE Sci-Fi buff, but did not like SW at all. Saw the next two, kinda here or there, just never appealed to me, totally lost interest in the franchise.
So you obviously like it and I am sure there are LOTS of others out there that do, so it is great that you are reporting.
Please keep em coming.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 6 years 4 months ago

HTSME wrote: Blu-ray - Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Released in April 2018
Length: 152 Minutes
Picture Quality: Excellent - 5 out of 5 stars Panasonic Plasma HDTV
Computer Graphics: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Enjoyment factor: 4 out of 5 stars

The Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in a epic adventure that unlocks new mysteries of the force.

As a Star Wars fan since the original was released in 1975, I have owned VCR tapes, BetaMax, DVD, and now Blu-ray. The legend continues in this great series. A must own for us older fans and for the new young fans.

Lots of excellent places to test your HT System with solid bass for those bigger towers.

I have not checked out all the extras. The 14 deleted scenes and the director cut will come later.

Highly recommended.

I have to say as a person who's butt was in the seat when the original Star Wars came out. This last one was an absolute letdown for me. I guess for those who are not looking for Star Wars Cannon....when Princess L. Went out in space then as a non Jedi "used the force" to defeat exposure to space and float back into the ship.....my son and I looked at each other like "What the heck?!?!?!?" So we continued to watch. When the all woman good guys and all guys bad folks kind of ratios came into play, it felt contrived...like a message was being made instead of holding to a good story......then you throw in the very contrived puffins converted into "funny moments"....I was fully lost. Especially when they did it OVER and OVER....and...well you get the idea. For me Disney killed Star Wars. I can see how someone who has never watched Star Wars might like the movie but every one I know that is a serious fan was flabbergasted. They broke lore in so many ways. Oh well. Just my .02. Thanks for letting me vent.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Roman,
I hear what your saying. The Last Jedi has drawn lots of negative comments and I have seen some of the comments. IMHO, The Last Jedi is not one of the best story lines and I shook my head a few times with the contrived story line. Its definitely far from the best of the Star Wars movies but better than Episode 2 (5th SW movie released).

If you can get past some of the issues in this movie, it's a nice evening on a GE T system.

I do like The Force Awakens much better than the Last Jedi. There was so much heritage in the Force Awakens.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
We like Zombie shows around here. "Warm Bodies" was of course our favorite, then we got addicted to "The Walking Dead"
We like it so much, but waiting for Season 8 to come out of DVD, so we got "Z Nation" now. Started watching it tonight, only on DVD, so the PQ is not great, and surprisingly the sound quality is really poorer than expected. I mean, I was not expecting BR sound, which I am also very addicted to, but most DVDs sound better than this.
And I guess we are spoiled with the production values on Walking Dead, because these are just nowhere near as good.
The writing, the story line, etc. is just not that great. BUT we bought like 4-5 seasons so we are really hoping it picks up soon and gets with it. I did like the baby zombie, that was cool.
Anybody a Z Nation fan??????
Does it get better??????
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?