• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Anthem,

Congrats on the new gear! You were definitely better off shopping at home. The crowds and traffic were ridiculous. I cut my trip short. I look forward to hearing how the interconnects sound. Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, Anthem

Congratulations on your new purchases!! So...what component(s) are you eyeing to connect to the new Anti-Cable gear, or are you going to do some more experimenting?

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Rick & T Cobe

Currently I'm running an Anti-Cable PC on the Torii and using a second one on the Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player, the third one will go on the Oppo 105. The new interconnect will be swapped back and forth from the Oppo to the CA Azur 840C, which will be plugged directly into the Torii. When I had Dilettante's loaner pc, I used one each on the Torii, Oppo, and Primaluna preamp with great results; and that's still an option. Experiment...definitely!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

anthem wrote: Rick & T Cobe

Currently I'm running an Anti-Cable PC on the Torii and using a second one on the Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player, the third one will go on the Oppo 105. The new interconnect will be swapped back and forth from the Oppo to the CA Azur 840C, which will be plugged directly into the Torii. When I had Dilettante's loaner pc, I used one each on the Torii, Oppo, and Primaluna preamp with great results; and that's still an option. Experiment...definitely!

Hey, Anthem

We'll be very interested in your feedback on BOTH the new anti-Cable and the new interconnect.

Re interconnects, right now I'm running a Kimber TONIK between the AVR and the amp, an Audioquest Evergreen between the SONOS and AVR, and 8 custom made, 7-8' RCA's between the OPPO and the AVR (2 for analog stereo, 6 for analog 5.1 surround), plus HDMI. I'm almost afraid of what that interconnect does for your system (I assume it would replace one of your custom made silver interconnects). Replacing 8 7-8' RCA's with that length Level 6.2 stuff would absolutely be a budget blow-out! (like Wayne, I'd have to think SUBTLE on that one!).

Enjoy the musical journey!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Splash51:

Here is an heartfelt testimony from our dear brother Rick in Texas.
When I read the following post from Rick, I have to stand up and cheer...it truly moves me. Way to go Rick!

rjohn79395 wrote: I guess I had thought I had pretty much described what my system with better power cords could do..

Well, this might sound like "True Confessions", but I really have to describe what I have recently experienced.

I am very familiar with the Roy Orbison Blu-ray DVD, "Black and White Night". I have played it on a number of systems, starting with a Panasonic DVD player and Bose 901's. I just love his voice played on great speakers... on so so speakers, not so amazing.

Every time I have upgraded my system, the sound of this DVD gets better. The last couple times I had played this DVD, it was after adding the OPPO 105 (much more clarity) and putting the Anti-Cable on the Marantz AVR (again, more clarity).

Well, I listened to this DVD again yesterday, after having also added an Anti-Cable to the OPPO. To say that I am familiar with this this DVD would be an understatement. Sometimes I listen to just one or two songs, and that seems enough. This time, the performance just glued me from start to finish. At the end, after Roy sang "Pretty Woman", and the a whole gang including Bruce Springsteen played electric guitar fills, I just stood up and kept saying, "yes", with tears in my eyes, also "Holy ****". "Holy ****"!! (sorry for the cursing) And I am NOT an emotional person. EVERYTHING just stood out! I was there, at the concert, hearing every nuance! I normally love acoustic (unplugged) guitars, and think electric guitars are a tad too harsh, metallic. Not this time. It was just mesmerizing. Every instrument, every voice, just WAS THERE, clean, clear, pure, so perfect.. No harshness at all. I would have loved to be at that concert... well I was there, finally.

Wow. Wow. Did the anti-Cables add to my system's ability to deliver great sound? Heck, yes. Would they help anyone else's system? I have no idea. It starts with great speakers and components, but surely some systems would greatly benefit from better power cords. Is it worth considering? I sure think so.

Anthem has mentioned on several threads that his system just plain got better with anti-Cables. Well, so has mine, in spades.

Rick

D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
WOW what a description!!!!! I believe Rick has found a great deal of improvement. I am going to order a couple anti-cables in early January and give them a try. I'm also going to get that Roy Orbison disc!!! Sounds like a good addition to the collection :lol: I think we all agree each individuals gear and electrical environment will effect how different cables sound. I think my setup as is has he sounds Rick described. I would suggest the Eagles Farewell tour live from Melbourne Australia as a good reference Blue-ray. It is fantastically recorded and performed. I am open to sound improvements and actually hope to be pleasantly surprised :ohmy: Except I will have to spend more money on cables instead of music/videos.

Enjoy!!
DT

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back