• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

anthem wrote: Wayne :

Here is Anti-Cable's response to my email.

Rowland,

I am glad you are enjoying your new Level 3 power cords enough to be recommending them to your friends.

Your friend is free to buy products directly from us. He can either place the order on-line at anticables.com/ or directly from me. If he emails me what he wants to buy, I will email him his total cost and give payment instructions.

International shipping is only $29, and we will be willing to mark a low value on the International Customs Form to help get it to him more easily.

After he receives it, he will have a full 30 day to decide if he wants to keep it

Thanks!

:)

Paul

Way to go, Anthem! Now THAT'S dedication.

I just got a shipping notice on my Anti-Cable order yesterday. It's supposed to arrive here tomorrow. I'll be ready to do some testing.. should have analog interconnects from the OPPO to the Marantz done today.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
My Anti-Cable arrived Saturday. I installed it on the Marantz AVR first. (that cable is MOOOSEY to say the least... I need to cut a larger access in the back of the cabinet to try it on the OPPO... bending is not high on the cable's preferences!!).

I've now listened to the whole range of inputs to the Marantz... CD's, SACD's and DVD's from the OPPO, streamed music from the SONOS,and cable tv programs, have even gone back and forth between the Anti-Cable and the stock cord with some songs I'm very familiar with. I wanted to get past just first impressions. Across the board, more detailed SQ, a better sense of location of sounds. I watched two football games on the tv, both in DOLBY surround. For both games, I kept thinking, "it really feels more like I'm at the game", the closeness of everything. Acoustic guitar is so exquisitely rich and detailed. Yes, an Anti-Cable is going to stay on the Marantz. (the Marantz and a Venom 3 didn't seem to work, but the Anti-Cable just plain works). It's hard sometimes to find the words, but the ears and mind seem to pick up on the fact something is different right away. Songs and sounds just grab your attention more .

Next up, probably tomorrow, is trying it on the OPPO. If it has similar effects there, then I will order a second Anti-Cable so both components are Anti-Cable fed.

Separate subject, I also got the analog connects going from the OPPO to the Marrantz. OPPO 5.1 analog surround fed direct through the Marantz is a revelation also. Again, even more sense of where the instruments in the orchestra are, terrific detail. I'm still digesting all this, and when to use HDMI vs. 5.1 surround feeds from the OPPO (I know for ATMOS I have to use HDMI). But I sure am glad I decided to go with the 105 for the analog options! Thanks to all who kept nudging me in that direction.

And Anthem, thank you for your pioneering in the world of power cords, and for keeping us all in the loop on what you are discovering (and yes, nudging us just a bit)!

More later after a few days of Anti-Cable and my OPPO getting a chance to play together.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
It's hard sometimes to find the words, but the ears and mind seem to pick up on the fact something is different right away. Songs and sounds just grab your attention more .Rick I agree with you completely. I could not have said it better. I believe the Anti-Cable's will open up your system like never before. I am to the point where I feel my system can ALMOST do NO wrong. Rick, keep listening and keep us up to date on any and all changes you make. Your thoughts are much appreciated.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
More on Anti-Cables:

Today I moved the one Anti-Cable I have to the OPPO... what I'm finding is that I really can't compare what it does for the OPPO when I have to interpret what it does there with what it STOPPED doing when I removed it from the Marantz. I really need two Anti-Cables to do any valid comparisons. AND, I just plain wasn't willing to lose it's contribution on the Marantz, which plays non OPPO SONOS and tv inuts also. I really missed what the Anti-Cable was doing for those inputs (SONOS just didn't have the same impact). Am I now addicted?? Maybe... I just immediately missed what the Marantz could do with the Anti-Cable attached.

SO, I just ordered a second Anti-Cable, which I will attach to the OPPO as soon as it arrives.

More on after it arrives and I can test two cables....

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Rick:

In the case of the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord, addiction can and is a wonderful thing. To my ears the Anti-Cable allows each individual component to sound as the manufacturer intended, it brings everything to the table. Each instrument is separate from another and has more detail and realism.

Rick, the addiction really comes when you put one on your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and maybe the wife's Hairdryer. :P
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

anthem wrote: Rick:

In the case of the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord, addiction can and is a wonderful thing. To my ears the Anti-Cable allows each individual component to sound as the manufacturer intended, it brings everything to the table. Each instrument is separate from another and has more detail and realism.

Rick, the addiction really comes when you put one on your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and maybe the wife's Hairdryer. :P

Refrigerator? Maybe the ice maker would sound SMOOTHER??? Wife's hair dryer?? Anything to tone down that sound...

I guess I'm not there yet. But I sure immediately noticed when the Ant-Cable left the Marantz.

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back