• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. Reason: spelling info_outline
Hi, Anthem

How flexible is the Anti-Cable? I now have a Venom 3 on the Marantz AVR, and a stock power cord on the OPPO, and I am considering testing the Anti-Cable on both. Both are in cabinets, the OPPO on the left of the tv, and the Marantz on the right. To get to the OPPO would require some 90 degree bends unless I do some more cutting in the back of the cabinet for more direct access. The Anti-Cable looks pretty substantial in the pic's on the Anti-Cable site. (I'm wanting to run some balanced interconnects out also to try analog out from the OPPO, so I may end up cutting some new holes anyway.)

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Rick

The Anti-Cable is a somewhat rigid cord. It will bend, but nothing like the Venom 3. From the end of the plug (where the wires connect into) it looks like maybe 4 inches until your first bend can be made.

If you audition one, put it on your Source - Oppo 105...if this doesn't blow you away...there's NO hope for you. ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

anthem wrote: Rick

The Anti-Cable is a somewhat rigid cord. It will bend, but nothing like the Venom 3. From the end of the plug (where the wires connect into) it looks like maybe 4 inches until your first bend can be made.

If you audition one, put it on your Source - Oppo 105...if this doesn't blow you away...there's NO hope for you. ;)

Hi, Anthem

Wow! The pressure is on! You've convinced me to give it a try, sooner rather than later.

One of my concerns is whether it would provide similar benefits in HDMI out digital, where I feed output for surround processing to the Marantz for DVD's, surround music. even CD's when I play them in surround. I listen far more in surround than in direct 2 channel. Have you heard similar benefits in that mode, or is the effect more pronounced when you use the OPPO's DAC's in analog 2 channel out (or do you also have 7.1 channel analog interconnects?).

I also stream SONOS music directly through the Marantz (I have copied my CD's to my laptop also), so want to try it there also.

As I sit here typing this, there is a Fleetwood Mac DVD playing on the system, through the OPPO 105, and my wife, who just came home, said "Boy, does that sound good!" And even turned the volume up!!! Stevie Nicks is all camped up in some kind of black Halloween looking get-up. I'M LOVING THIS SYSTEM! I'm already blown away. If you think there's a whole other level of SQ just waiting to "blow me away" further, how can I not try it?

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Anthem and Rick,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the 105. I think I may hold off on a CD player for now and save up for a new Oppo or maybe put it on my Christmas list. I have a processor upgrade that needs to happen first.

Anthem, how do you integrate the Cambridge CD player? Is it in a secondary system? Am I correct in assuming you like the 105 better since it is in your 2-channel setup?

Rick, I'm glad there was not a drop off from the NAD to the Marantz and that you are still enjoying it. Would you buy it again? Any advice on the brand based on your experience. I'm still looking towards the newly released 7702 mkII and would appreciate your feedback. I believe the 7010 and the 7702 are pretty similar in form and function.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
T Cobe

Both the Oppo 105 and the Cambridge Audio Azur 840C are in my 2-channel setup. The Torri has 2 sets of input jacks, which is controlled by a flip switch. The Oppo is more dynamic, but only by a small margin...I really enjoy both players. Both players have amazing detail, and with the introduction of the Anti-Cable, the sound is even more spectacular.

Yesterday I got the go ahead from Dedicated Audio to return the Venom Digital. Plan's are to order 2 Anti-Cable Reference 3's hopefully this week. Dilettante comes home on the 31st, so will need to get his cord back to him. He is such a Saint!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I sent back the Venom Digital this morning, and a few minutes ago I ordered 2 Anti-Cable Reference 3 power cords. Hopefully they'll be here next week.

Rick: you say you've listened to a number of DVD's that you are familiar with, and they ALL sound fantastic...wouldn't you prefer super duper scrumpdillyicious awesomely Fantastic? I just described the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord...go figure. :laugh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back