heart Power Cords

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Very interesting Bro Anthem, how much are these setting you back?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Only $330 for 3 foot and 5 foot lengths > $660 for two.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

anthem wrote: My ears have been opened.

As you know, Dilettante and I had planned to swap power cords on November 2, his Anti-Cable Reference 3 for my Shunyata Venom Digital. Yesterday a package was sitting on my doorsted, it was from Dilettante (Carl). A note inside revealed he was leaving the country for a short while and would be back at the end of the month. He wasn't using his system so decided to send the Anti-Cable early for me to enjoy.

Thursday morning I was listening to the Steve Gadd Band. With the Venom Digital, detail and dynamics sounded great, but as I've mentioned before, spikes in the top octaves of saxophones, trumpets, and even some guitar's can be an hindrance. Also I've always had a problem with sibilance in voices, both male and female. With the Anti-Cable in place, sibilance is almost non existent. All instruments across the board are extremely neutral. Saxophones and trumpets have great detail, without crossing the line. Dynamics have increased, as has the ability to play the system louder without listener fatigue. Every cd that I drop into the Oppo 105 is grabbing hold of me with Oddles of detail, dynamics and the ability to extend the top end without crossing over into harshville.

The Shunyata Venom Digital is a fine power cord, but the Anti-Cable is superior. I will be sending the Venom Digital back and ordering 2 Anti-Cable Reference 3. My Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player has been on the fritz, so Monday I took it in to have it worked on and will pick it up later this afternoon (gonna put an Anti-Cable on the CA 840C) I may put an Anti-Cable on the Torii and one on the Oppo and see how that sounds also.

This has been an ear opening experience, and has solved many problems that Interconnects and speaker wires could not. You guys with Oppo's or any digital source should audition this cord.

Rick and T Cobe, I believe the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord could and would open up your music experience like never before...

Hi, Anthem

Wow. Sounds impressive. At the risk of my finding more ways to spend money, have you tried the Anti-Cable in any of the spots you are currently using the Venom 3's, like on the T2's?

Thanks for the report! For me, still a early 2016 consideration, still getting to know the changes I have made with the OPPO and the Marantz. (By the way, I am now playing most modes with AUDYSSEY XT 32 OFF. Too many instances where I was losing nuances, especially in the treble range.)

Thanks! Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
I got my Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player back from the electronics hospital. This morning, using the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord, I played Jeff Lorber/He Had a Hat. Wow...this powercord is like none other. Everything has opened up, and I mean everything. Bass, vocals, and each and every instrument is better articulated through this power cord.

I know there are those who will take this "with a grain of salt"...don't. You are really missing something if you do.

Rick...ask Santa to come earlier than 2016. I believe this powercord is all you need for Whiz Bang Sound.

Dilettante only had 1 cord to send me, so am using it only on the digital source. Dilettante believed the Venom 3's on his T1's is when he heard the magic...I'm not so sure. I personally think the magic is in the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord when used on the digital source.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Anthem,

Thanks for the follow up post. I hope the grain of salt comment doesn't mean you were offended by that comment I made. It certainly wasn't directed at you or your comments regarding cables. I would make that comment to anyone asking for advice and would add the same comment to anyone asking my opinion. Particularly about anything this subjective. In this case the comment was equally directed at me.

There's nothing in audio quite so controversial and debated as cables. Like art, they are something of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing. As a way of example, there are those that love tube amps while others do not. It's always good to listen for yourself with any audio gear to see if you like the way something sounds. For what it's worth, I do value the input of you and other members here. This is a great place to be exposed to other's experiences and learn. I've placed many purchases based on the posts here simply because I do value and appreciates others' feedback.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dwight - Rick - T Cobe:

I'm bringing this over from "Tell us your preamp /amp for Triton 1 (others )"

You ask what I'm hearing via the Anti-Cable Level 3 Reference Series Power Cord.
A Power Cord can Improve a Component's Sound if it Can:

Provide an unrestricted source of power into the audio component
Restrict the amount of noise on the power mains from getting into the audio component
Provide a fast path for noise generated in the power supply to get out of the audio component
Each of the many wire strands used to hand build an AntiCable Power Cord is drawn in a way that forms the wire into a cross sectional molecular shape which allows noise coming from the component's power supply to quickly escape the component on the skin of each wire strand. In doing so, the AntiCable Power Cords help to keep the component's own power supply noise from contaminating the music.

This processed wire also has the great advantage of time smearing any noise traveling in the wire in the opposite direction, thus reducing the amplitude of noise getting into the audio component from the wall outlet.

Our customers, who are already running third party upgraded power cords as well as power conditioners, are reporting getting better sound, not only by replacing their existing power cords but also by bypassing their power conditioner altogether. The AntiCable Power Cords appear to be so good at restricting the flow of noise from the wall outlet, that the power conditioner is not additionally beneficial. And, when the AntiCable Power Cord is plugged directly into the wall, it has the ability to do a better job of getting the noise out of the component's own power supply, as well as doing a better job at providing unrestricted power to the unit. In most instances, best sound is achieved with a direct connection to the wall outlet.

Sound Improvements Typically Heard Include:

Greater dynamics
Darker background
Sounds "more natural"
Greater bass extension
More tuneful bass
Greater high frequency extension
Less high frequency electronic signatures
Digital sources will sound much more analog like
Much more resolving of music information
More relaxing
Deeper soundstage

I'm hearing everything described above, especially "less high frequency electronic signatures"...bass extension and a more tuneful bass are quite evident. Everything is more neutral than ever before.

The Shunyata Venom Digital power cord just can't compete with the Anti-Cable in the "less high frequency electronic signatures" department, the Anti-Cable wins handsdown. The Venom Digital, in and of itself, is a fine PC, but the Anti-Cable can blow it away in different areas, especially the bass and treble extension.

My Decware Zen Torii MK4 is so good it does not need an preamp. The Oppo 105 (powered with an Anti-Cable PC) directly into the Torri is giving me sonic bliss.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back