• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hey T. Cobe,
I have the Harmony 1100.
It is good, but a PITA to program.
And now that I have the XMC-1 I have not been able to get myself to try and reprogram it. Too much trouble.
And the battery is acting up, now sure how long it will continue to work. Logitech's support for this is horrible!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Wayne,

The newer versions of Harmony are still far from perfect but they have fixed a lot of the issues. The biggest benefit is I can now use my iPad or iPhone to control my home theater. Additionally, when I launch the app, it detects what "mode" the hub is operating in so it's easy to switch remotes. Lastly, I can update my remote and all activities via wifi: no more connecting to a computer for updates and fighting with firewall settings!

My hub recognized the Emotiva XSP-1 and does a reasonable job with it. You should be able to look up the XMC-1 on the Harmony site to see if it is supported. There are several versions on Amazon and many are $100 or less.

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=se...keywords=Harmony+hub

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hello Wayne,
I was having issues with my harmony touch screen remote and I called Logitech and they told me I needed a hub. I tried it with my existing harmony remote and it was a total failure. I called again and talked to another rep and told me to buy Logitech Harmony Home Control and now it works great especially in a closed entertainment cabinet. I use my touch screen remote not the other one that came with the hub. Sounds a bit strange but that was the only way it worked with my existing remote and the least expensive route..
Here is the link to Amazon just to show what I had to buy.

www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Home-Con...keywords=Harmony+hub
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
The Harmony I replaced was an older 650, not one of the pricier, better, newer Harmony's. I can't speak to how well the
newer, better ones work or how or how easy they are to program.

Yes, the URC I have now was programmed by a HT installer. He's local and can get here quickly. If no local resource, URC is probably not a good option. After struggling with the Harmony 650, I just wanted a better option. Time will tell.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thanks Guys,
Over here in Thailand I doubt that the URC would be a good option for me.
I don't need a hub, my gear is not in a cabinet, it is all line of site.
Except for the Harmony 1100 battery getting a little hit or miss lately, it still works. It is just so hard to program that I have not updated it for the XMC-1.
I have an Emotiva remote app on my Samsung Phablet, and can easily control the new XMC, so I just use the Harmony and app together. That is working fine, but a bit of a hassle.
Just lazy is all.
IF something was easy and cheap I would go that way, but if not, I will get around to reprogramming the Harmony one of these years.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
My ears have been opened.

As you know, Dilettante and I had planned to swap power cords on November 2, his Anti-Cable Reference 3 for my Shunyata Venom Digital. Yesterday a package was sitting on my doorsted, it was from Dilettante (Carl). A note inside revealed he was leaving the country for a short while and would be back at the end of the month. He wasn't using his system so decided to send the Anti-Cable early for me to enjoy.

Thursday morning I was listening to the Steve Gadd Band. With the Venom Digital, detail and dynamics sounded great, but as I've mentioned before, spikes in the top octaves of saxophones, trumpets, and even some guitar's can be an hindrance. Also I've always had a problem with sibilance in voices, both male and female. With the Anti-Cable in place, sibilance is almost non existent. All instruments across the board are extremely neutral. Saxophones and trumpets have great detail, without crossing the line. Dynamics have increased, as has the ability to play the system louder without listener fatigue. Every cd that I drop into the Oppo 105 is grabbing hold of me with Oddles of detail, dynamics and the ability to extend the top end without crossing over into harshville.

The Shunyata Venom Digital is a fine power cord, but the Anti-Cable is superior. I will be sending the Venom Digital back and ordering 2 Anti-Cable Reference 3. My Cambridge Audio Azur 840C cd player has been on the fritz, so Monday I took it in to have it worked on and will pick it up later this afternoon (gonna put an Anti-Cable on the CA 840C) I may put an Anti-Cable on the Torii and one on the Oppo and see how that sounds also.

This has been an ear opening experience, and has solved many problems that Interconnects and speaker wires could not. You guys with Oppo's or any digital source should audition this cord.

Rick and T Cobe, I believe the Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercord could and would open up your music experience like never before...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back