heart Power Cords

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
hey Rick glad to hear you're enjoying your new toys. I hope that with each listening session things will get better and better and better.

I'm really enjoying my Shunyata venom digital power cord, each listening session is better than the prior.

For those of you that are skeptical about the Shunyata venom digital power cord, but want something more highbrow, than maybe the Shunyata ETron A Alpha Digital would be more your speed. The A Alpha is getting great reviews on Decware.com.

Dedicated Audio has a 1 year trade up program. Start out with an Venom Digital and within a year trade up to The A Alpha...this is something I'll be looking into.

Superior Performance - Objectively Measured Results
The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA Series of power cables represent a new concept in power delivery. Three, similarly priced power cables, that are optimized for different types of audio components. One specifically tuned for digital type components that emit ultra high frequency noise. Another designed specifically for analog type components that have linear power supplies. And the third designed for high-current draw components such as high power amplifiers.

The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL power cable has noise reduction capabilities so significant that they can be measured with a power analyzer. More importantly, even a brief evaluation will yield an unmistakable improvement in the performance of any digital component in a sound, recording or video system. The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL is tuned specifically for the ultra high Megahertz and Gigahertz noise generated by digital component power supplies. It delivers a dramatic measurable reduction in both component and power line generated noise. There have been many power cords that claim to be designed for digital electronics. Invariably they use ferrous metals (ferrite) or carbon impregnated insulations or just a common shield. Yet, none of these products can demonstrate actual measurements of their efficacy. These common solutions have obvious colorations such as dynamic compression and a dulling, or darkening of the sound.

The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL power cord delivers a dramatic reduction in measured noise without any side-effects, leading to clearer visual images and better sound in every conceivable digital application!

TECHNOLOGY
The functional core of the ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL is a hybrid ΞTRON™ circuit which demonstrates a measurable reduction of power line noise. The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL is essentially a dedicated power conditioner without the associated chassis, extra outlets, added cost and extra power cable of a traditional power conditioner!

Of course, all of Shunyata's other power cord features are included in the ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL.

The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA DIGITAL is specifically tuned to deal with noise generated by digital type devices.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi Rick,
Thanks for that good report, well done!!!!!!
Sorry to get off track a bit, but I have a harmony remote that is a PITA. You changed to URC?
And like it? Do you mind saying which one, which model and what you like about it?
I need to change my univ. remote control.
Happy listening with all your changes, enjoy the fun.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hi Rick,
Thanks for that good report, well done!!!!!!
Sorry to get off track a bit, but I have a harmony remote that is a PITA. You changed to URC?
And like it? Do you mind saying which one, which model and what you like about it?
I need to change my univ. remote control.
Happy listening with all your changes, enjoy the fun.
God Bless, Wayne

Hi, Wayne

Thanks!

Re the new universal remote, it's a URC MX-890. It's more intuitive to use than the Harmony, and can be be programmed to do more things. When programmed the screen can show a box for each of the different playing modes to be controlled (tv, DVD, CD, SONOS, internet HD radio, Zone 2 speakers, whatever) , and when the tab next to that box is pressed, it then tuns on or off the appropriate devices, and the screen changes to show the selected control functions for that playing mode (return, repeat, skip, favorite channels, DVR list, whatever). Common control functions like pause, play, record, volume, channel change, menu, guide etc. are already on the tabs below the screen. So far, I like it.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks a LOT Rick,
I will check it out!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Rick,
I just searched it and found it online, but it says you have to pay someone to program it??????
And each time my sat company changes the channel numbering, have to send it to America and pay someone to reprogram it????
Am I getting the wrong info?
Does not sound like the one for me.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Wayne and Rick,

Which Harmony models were you having a hard time with? I've had some challenges with them in the past but their new Hub seems to work reasonably well. They seem to be improving. The more expensive options that require dealer support have always been a no go for me. I'm glad Rick may be on to something that is a viable replacement.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back