heart Power Cords

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Dilettante: What's up with that name, anyway? Your Maiden name?

Would you like to swap power cords, perhaps the first part of November? That way we will both know how each one sounds, be it the same or different.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dilettante, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dilettante's Avatar Offline
  • ALL things work together for good...
    • Thank you received: 94
Dilettante Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Dilettante - A dilettante is a person who enjoys the arts or who engages in a field without investing the usually required effort. An amateur, someone with a casual or superficial interest. A jack of all trades and master of none! Great word! (People who loved to be called "Christians" are the best at this! :) )

We can swap cords - would love to - or as I said I will just send mine to you - and agree that you can decide for the both of us - I'm just a dilettante you remember!!!
OPPO 105 - Decware Torii MK IV - Triton Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Sounds good... Gmail sent.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Dilettante, Great name, Great explanation, and OUCH, the comment about Christians cuts close to home. Lord help!!!!
But you sound pretty serious about your audio, not just dabbling I think!!!!!
Enjoy your participation, and I hope we are not always JUNK.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, Dilettante, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• Dilettante's Avatar Offline
  • ALL things work together for good...
    • Thank you received: 94
Dilettante Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thanks Wayne! Love the comments from everyone! Great blog - each is trying to be a help to the whole. Been apart of other blogs where comradery turned to bashing - NO LIKE! Helping others can be done various ways - this is just one of those ways! I am for helping others - and especially grateful when I can assist - and am most grateful when I am the recipient!!! :)
OPPO 105 - Decware Torii MK IV - Triton Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Update:

OK, the Marantz SR 7010 and OPPO 105D are installed after two days of wrestling with all sorts of issues, like a (old) Harmony remote that just wasn't about to be reprogrammed (replaced it with a URC, which is much better), a balky 12v connection to the amp that made the amp keep on cutting out, etc. Usual Murphy's Law stuff.

First impressions:

Marantz SR 7010:

Two things were very noticeable vs. the NAD T757 it replaced (and the NAD was no slouch).
The Marantz is not shy at all about pumping out great, clean bass. I've dialed back bass settings on the sub gains, and on the Triton towers. The T2's, already sounding better with the Venom 3 power cords, really love the Marantz. I've believed for awhile that some AVR's are shy about sending full bass signals to large speakers. Not this Marantz. I dialed back bass on the T1's also.
After running the Audyssey XT32 EQ program (8 microphone locations), the sound envelope, the sense of being fully immersed in the music, is just so much more mesmerizing, and the bass coverage is equally smooth. I find that the setting I like best so far re the Audyssey is L/R bypass, vs. full reference processing. This is the first Audyssey program I've used that I actually LIKE.

Also, I just played an ATMOS DVD I got today, "Gravity". There's an ATMOS edition and 3D edition. Too bad there isn't one with both. The effect is really immersive. I was floating out there with Sandra Bullock. I've never heard better, or even this good, in a theatre ('m sure there are some IMAX theatres with mega sound systems that would impress me, though). I'll report more once the DTS:X firmware is installed and I can process more surround inputs into a height format.

SQ is excellent. I'm not through fine tuning yet, but the Marantz is REALLY impressive!

OPPO 105D:

I've played a number of music DVD's, and the detail, clarity, SQ in general is just leaps ahead of what the Panasonic it replaced could do.

I'll be revisiting lots of music and DVD's. It's like hearing them in a whole new light.

More later.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back