file New Triton Reference Speakers

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fbreynolds Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Opinions Needed:

I have a 5.2.4 setup with Reference fronts and it is all run from my Anthem MRX 1120 receiver. I also have an Oppo UDP-203. Several of you have suggested that I will benefit from a better amp for the Reference speakers especially when listening in stereo. I am considering either a PS Audio Stellar M700 or a Bel Canto REF600M. Other suggestions are also welcome but I would like to keep the cost under $5K. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
I went from a Conrad-Johnson 250wpc amp to a McIntosh 150wpc amp and the McIntosh wins hands down on powering the Triton Reference. I bought the amp from Audio Classics for 2900.00 used and it looks brand new.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, fbreynolds, HTSME

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 6 months ago
With a Class A Rating from Stereophile, the PS Audio Stellar Mono 700's are on my short list. They are relatively small and light and have been reviewed with much enthusiasm. I'd like to own a pair of these.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago

fbreynolds wrote: Opinions Needed:

I have a 5.2.4 setup with Reference fronts and it is all run from my Anthem MRX 1120 receiver. I also have an Oppo UDP-203. Several of you have suggested that I will benefit from a better amp for the Reference speakers especially when listening in stereo. I am considering either a PS Audio Stellar M700 or a Bel Canto REF600M. Other suggestions are also welcome but I would like to keep the cost under $5K. Thanks

I'm running the Bel Canto REF600M monoblocks. The combination with TRefs is pure magic, and I highly recommend them. Be sure to pay attention to your cables, too.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
fbreynolds,
For your budget there are LOTS of great amps out there.
I am sure you cannot lose here.
I have never heard anything PS Audio (great reputation for the company though), but I have run a good bit of Bel Canto equipment and still listening to one of their amps right now MANY years after buying it. Never heard a Bel Canto product I did not love. Great stuff.
Lots of opinions around though, I hope you get a chance to listen for yourself before you buy.
We would love to hear what you finally decide upon and how it all sounds with the TRefs.
Have fun, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fbreynolds, HTSME

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 6 months ago
I really enjoy the sweet sound and strong power I get from my Rogue Audio Medusa hybrid (SS + Tube) amp for 2 channel listening.

Also very excited about my HT setup where I also have a tube amp - 5 channels of great sound from Butler Audio TDB 5150.
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers