file New Triton Reference Speakers

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
My post got deleted on Audiogon for saying "That is the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever seen." in responding to that guys post. I called out Audiogon on it and they agreed that there was nothing wrong with my post so they reposted it.

There is so much disinformation going on. The poster said that Golden Ear is STRICTLY for home theater and no one with a good ear would even consider them for high end audio listening. That comment made me furious.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 6 years 6 months ago

stereo5 wrote: My post got deleted on Audiogon for saying "That is the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever seen." in responding to that guys post. I called out Audiogon on it and they agreed that there was nothing wrong with my post so they reposted it.

There is so much disinformation going on. The poster said that Golden Ear is STRICTLY for home theater and no one with a good ear would even consider them for high end audio listening. That comment made me furious.

I agree regarding having to set the record straight for those who disseminate misinformation. Like you @stereo5, I make it a point to do so as I can.

In my view it's acceptable if someone prefers something other than Golden Ear, but not to disparage the Triton's for the wrong reasons.

The Triton Reference are akin to what Jerry has to say about the Grateful Dead.

“We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.” B) :laugh:
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch, HTSME

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago
I also heard a statement about TOnes being designed for home theater. I don't understand where that thinking originated. If you have a speaker that has flat response, good transient response, good power handling, and low frequency response , then it should be good for anything, not just home theater. TRefs fit the bill for me.

As for distortion? I don't hear any. Maybe someone had a bad amp.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, GDHAL, HTSME

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 6 months ago

GDHAL wrote: Thank you @Moderator.

If you don't mind, I'll pass along the second paragraph of your write-up.

You're welcome to do so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, GDHAL, HTSME

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 6 months ago
As long as the topic has come up, I can say that the generic audio forums are great, but they also harbor participants with unclear motives. Years ago, when working for another company, we caught another manufacturer posing as a consumer on the forum and making direct comparisons to our products. After several posts the ownership decided to approach the forum owners, leading to the discovery that the poster was in fact another manufacturer. Reason enough to take this kind of stuff with a huge grain of salt.

On the other hand, the thing I like about those forums is they tend to be self-correcting. With the help of honest people like you guys, BS gets quickly outed as exactly that and little disinformation harm comes of it. (It would be nice if made up news stories suffered the same fate...).

All that said, and to perhaps throw some more cold water on those silly comments, you Triton Reference guys are probably excited to hear that the new Stereophile Recommended Components issue is out and the Triton Reference is in CLASS A - FULL RANGE (and the least expensive member of that very-elite group by a factor of 2x). Distortion you say? I think not!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch, GDHAL, HTSME

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Congrats on the "Class A"!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers