file New Triton Reference Speakers

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 6 years 6 months ago

fbreynolds wrote: (btw, thanks GDHAL - is that for Grateful Deadhead Al? - for the download.)fred

You're welcome. Fred. The link (single wav file, approx 85 meg) is meant for whomever "grabs it fast" (reference from the Dylan song Baby Blue ;) ) Seriously though, there are a limited number of allowed downloads (I think 10) and an expiration date (I think 7 days after I posted).

By all means Fred, have at it. Enjoy! :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Steveo,

I have been using the free version of Fidelizer for several months - trying to decide whether or not to buy the Pro version. I have looked at the Nimitra device, but I am not savvy enough to figure out how I would use it in my setup. I am running either MusicBee or MusiCHi as my library managers and players in a dedicated Windows 10 laptop. I use the laptop strictly as a streaming device to send the music files via USB to an external Cambridge DAC. All of my 26000 plus music files are stored on an external HD connected to the laptop. MusicBee and MusiCHI are resident on the laptop.

My question is: How would I use the Nimitra device? Could I continue to use MusicBee and/or MusiCHI as my library managers? Why would streaming via Nimitra be better than streaming via my PC?

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago

GDHAL wrote: To date I have acquired 2026 **unique** show dates. The maximum possible is 2323 (2318 according to deadbase X statistics, but my statistics are more accurate) and there are approximately 300 shows not in circulation (i.e. no one on the planet has it, to date)

Holy cow! I looked at your list. That's amazing!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hey SteveO,
I fully agree with you - the speakers are very revealing. I find that even replacing the fuses in the powered components makes a difference in how things sound.

Btw how do you run a separate pre-amp for 2 channel from your HT? Do you plug and re-plug each time? Or do you have both pre-amps connected to the amp? Or...
Thanks.
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago

CRRobert wrote: How would the Bel Canto REF 500S stereo amps perform? Just a notch below the 600M?

I don't have any experience with that amp. I believe it's a 200 Wpc instead of the 300 Wpc of the REF600Ms. Bel Canto has a great reputation, so it's probably a great amp. Maybe you could audition the two at a dealer side by side and get an idea of the difference.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
WOW there is a LOT going on in this thread, great guys!!!!
First, GDHAL, thanks so very much for that track you shared. IMPRESSIVE sound indeed. I almost felt like I stuck my head inside the drum kit. I was surprised it was all drum, I thought we might hear some guitar licks or some vocals. But I thoroughly enjoyed what I did get to hear. Must follow up and search the GD some more.

CRRobert, I cannot imagine any Bel Canto amp sounding bad unless something is very wrong with it. BC is a rather different company, started by John Stronczer as a tube amp company, he made the CRAZY move to class D amps. But a guy there told me that tube amps are always the reference, they always try to build amps that sound as sweet as tube amps but are much more efficient and reliable. Again, I am listening to oine of their amps from way back when, they have gotten better these days, but it still sounds good. Hope this helps, but I would go for it. With most GEt speakers you will get around 250 wpc out of the Ref500s.

Steveo. I cannot agree more (Peter agrees too and he has both the TOnes and TRefs if I am not mistaken), the TOnes reveal all the good and much of the bad in any system they play in. They really shine with better source material and better DACs, better electronics, better cables, etc. I think you and I in this part of the world are really blessed, we have great systems playing through the TOnes, IF most people (even our brothers on here) could hear our music they just might be floored at how great the reproduction is!!!!

Bro Art, still praying and waiting for any health updates you may want to share!!!

And whoever said Grateful Dead to Rachmaninoff, YES YES YES!!!!! Sorry cannot look that far back to see who wrote that, but well said. It is all good here in GEt land!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers